Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Finding My Balance. Advice Please !

Posted by   + Show Post
DH and i were recently having alot of problems. We're doing much better now , but there was still something up.

There was a post that got me thinking , so today i asked my DH if he felt like i pushed him to the side when Aubrey (our 4 month old) was born.

He admitted that he felt unimportant to me now , like i didn't want to spend time with him because im so busy all of the time.

I'll admit , i AM busy. Im breastfeeding , i cook and clean and do laundry and all that good stuff that SAHM's do. I thought i was giving him enough attention but now i realize that i was trying to fit him into my new life instead of making him a priority just like Aubrey is.

It shouldn't be Aubrey - House - DH. It should be Aubrey AND DH , then whatever else followed. Im just trying to be a home maker :(

But i can't find the balance of it all. Can anyone help me with this problem ?

Im sorry if i rambled or if it doesn't make sense , feel free to ask me to clarify. Im just so sad that i didn't notice this :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Replies (11-11):
momof3jam
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

This is the typical problem I think all families face.

Hubby and baby should be equal. He needs you just as much as she does, just in different ways. And if you don't keep your marriage a priority now, it will get to a point where there's no coming back. You guys should be a team. The house doesn't need to be perfect - especially with a brand new baby - and he shouldn't be expecting that. Teamwork. Put the baby down right before he comes home, spend some quality time, then he can watch the baby while you clean up a little, and he can do a few chores too - whether you're a SAHM or not  ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN