Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you take a vacation without ur kids?? Poll

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would u go??

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe (explain please)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 107

View Results

So DH and I are planning our first real vacation since dd was born (she's 2). We're not sure where we're going yet but maybe to the beach which is about a 6-7 hr drive. We havent had any alone time in a very long time. My parents lived with us thru the last 2 winters & when they were going to go home a few weeks ago their house burned down so they are staying with us. I love my parents & they love being close to dd all the time & I know they would watch her if we went without her. They'd probably be happier that way. The thing is I've never been away from her for more than a few hours & I'm not sure that I can do it. We have a week that we can use but I was thinking maybe 3 days then come home. I just hate being away from her.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Replies (41-49):
Allebas
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM

HECK YA!! Our last vacation which was 2 YEARS ago, DH and I went to California with NO KIDS for one week!!!! It was SOOOOO FUN!!!! ALL parents NEED a break from their kids!!!

MissTuree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Yup. The first vacation I took for myself was when I took my little brother to Italy. (Obvs I'm not married) I was planning on taking ds (who was 2 at the time) but my mom convinced me that it was idiotic to spend all the money to take a toddler who would not remember it and only be a cranky hassle the majority of the time. (sightseeing at the collosseum and Trevi Fountain isn't exactly kid friendly) She was absolutely right, my brother and I had a great time and wonderful bonding experience. The next year we went on a cruise to Mexico (4 or 5 days I can't remember) the next year we backpacked Europe (DEFINITELY not ok to try to backpack a country with a 4 year old! lol)

The latest vacation though ds was 6 so I felt he could actually enjoy and partially remember the experience so he joined my brother and I on a trip to Japan. It was a lot of fun and I am extremely glad I waited to take him on an international vacation with me. (Though he kept telling people he didn't speak CHINESE! which was very emberassing lol)

In the states the I have taken him on vacations since he was 10 months old. He's been to New York, Boston, Florida and Washington D.C.

skerst83
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I don't think I could go on a vacation without my son. He is my world, my everything. I would feel too guilty that he wasn't getting to experience the fun too. In a few weeks I'm going to DC for the AST conference and I suppose that is a "vacation" but the people I am going with want to visit the Smithsonian and I'm not sure I want to...a 6 yr old would be in heaven there!! lol  If you can do it though, I say go for it!  :)

cherrywaves21
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM
HELL MOTHER FUCKING YES!!!! Sorry I got a little excited at the thought of sleeping past 7a
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmgriffberg
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

mayve bring someone with so kids can come but you can also get some alone time with hubby

CandiceDanielle
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I would only go on a vacation without my kids if they were teenagers, but that's me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Dude, the teens come with. The kids stay home. 

Quoting CandiceDanielle:

I would only go on a vacation without my kids if they were teenagers, but that's me.

TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Sure would.
lenoxclan
by Lenox on May. 1, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Personally no for us..But, if it's something you guys are comfortable with, I say go for it..

Vacation=family here:) My kids are older though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)