Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Uh oh, a spanking post!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this
I was reading a debate in another group about spanking. It's in relation to the Texas mom who got arrested and had her 3 kids taken away for spanking her youngest daughter. Total bs in my opinion but that's not what this post is about.

All the moms were focused on the fact that the mom left red marks on her daughter and that is obviously assault and abuse. *Gasp* red marks!!! How could she?!?

Seriously, do people really freak out if you leave red marks?? Me and my children have such sensitive skin if I tickle my children they are covered in "red marks" and what looks like scratches but they weren't assaulted and aren't even in pain. Everyone has different skin and sensitivities and to simply assume that the mom should be thrown in hell for leaving red marks is absurd. And to make the blanket statement that "kids are not to be spanked these days" is probably one of the stupidest things I think I've ever read on this site.

Obviously that's my opinion and yes it is a strong one... But that's how I feel.

Now bash away :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrittniMoyer
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM

for me it isn't an option,

to each their own, i'm not going to tell another mother what to do. 

as for the red marks putting a mother away isn't enough proof of their "being abuse"

"What you do makes a difference. We should never simply write ourselves

off and see ourselves as the victim of various forces. It's always our

decision who we are."

coupon_ash_back
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I totally agree with you op.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Def to each their own. I believe in spanking. Spanking is not abuse. Leaving marks that last for hours or days is def abuse to me. But different things work for different families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmomplus4
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM

It's hard to say either way , I'm Latina so I was raised that a good spanking raised a child the right way and I have to admit my siblings and I turned out very well, we had a lot more respect for our parents, adults and other children. Nowadays you can't go anywhere without seeing a child throwing a temper tantrum, do I personally spank my children, the answer is no but I don't ever find myself in such positions where a good stern look or use of the mommy voice doesn't get my children to stop. I have some siblings that will use this type of punishment and I don't really think it's inappropriate it is the parents decision what works for their family. 

Candace8609
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:02 PM
agreed!!!!! both my ds have real sensitave skin and get red if we tickle them. thats bs. think they should investigate further for PROOF of abuse!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I think that is abuse too, but not if it's just a red mark that fades after like 5 minutes

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Def to each their own. I believe in spanking. Spanking is not abuse. Leaving marks that last for hours or days is def abuse to me. But different things work for different families.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Yea... The article that sparked the discussion involved how this womans MIL called CPS on her because the children has red marks from a spanking. So the general statements were red marks mean abuse. I bruise easily and some people get red quickly... So abuse or legit spanking?

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

I think that is abuse too, but not if it's just a red mark that fades after like 5 minutes

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys92106
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I would like to read the article u ladies r talking about. Does anyone have a link
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM
My skin is also sensitive. I get red marks and bruises from everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squishylove
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/texas/texas-mother-spanking-6-17-2011_13735817

Quoting momto2boys92106:

I would like to read the article u ladies r talking about. Does anyone have a link

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN