Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Bottle warmers for playtex drop ins?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

has anyone used a bottle warmer for the playtex drop ins? 

do you think warmers are a waste of time or a life saver?

How did you heat your babies bottles?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I read how its easier to get your baby use to cold bottle esp when you are out or its early morning it saves time instead of warming it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nurina101
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM

ooooohhhh i havent read that thanks im going to read up on it

Myguys88
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I used the playtex drop ins with my first son and never used a warmer just always warm tap water, I only heated his bottles at night and nap time because now days you make em at room temp :) I will not be using the drop ins this time because I think they were a pain :)

luvhubandbabys
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Waste of time n money..

I always just set the bottle in a warm bowl of water and it heats up quickly. Esp since the bag sits right in the warm water takes no time at all. The warmer always took soo much longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krazene
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I love drop ins! I always used warm tap water If I was out and not near a faucet I kept room temp bottled water in the bag. Made it so easy! In blessed to have really good city water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Except.that gives your baby tummy cramps.cause their tummy doesn't know how to.digest cold.food.

Bottles need to be warmed.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I read how its easier to get your baby use to cold bottle esp when you are out or its early morning it saves time instead of warming it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM
By cold... I mean room temp. If you want to warm to can just run the bottle under warm tap water and works just as well.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Except.that gives your baby tummy cramps.cause their tummy doesn't know how to.digest cold.food.

Bottles need to be warmed.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I used hot water in another cup and set it in there and once it got warm just shook it in the water to make sure there were no hot spots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reyna09
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

when i used my drop ins i would buy the gallons of baby water keep them at room temp and just either ran them under some hot water .

baquick
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't use a warmer with the drop in system. It can melt the plastic or make it waaaay too hot.

I found my warmer to be a waste of time. Ds preferred room temp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)