Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Would You Be Mad? *update*

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

If your husband invited someone to an ultrasound (his "best friend") with out telling you or communicating the idea at all? This will be our "Gender Check" since I'll be 18 wks and change. So this is the BIG one!

A few notes:
1) only reason I found out is because I heard the guy talking to his ex saying "yeah I'm going with Cowboy ans Star to their ultrasound weds morning"
2) I have a personal high dislike of this guy! Yes, when we were kicked out of our last place he elt us move in (about a week and a half ago) BUT he has had DH helping him at "work" and promising to split the pay, then not giving him ANY money at all!
3) this is mine and DH FIRST LO together! We have always talked about making it special for US! No dealing with people fighting over who gets to be in the delivery room. We share all info TOGETHER (via FB, or family get togethers etc)

So, would you be upset overhearing something like that?

***UPDATE*** So among MANY other things, i brought it up to DH tonight about over hearing his friends phone call. Apparently DH had NO CLUE Mac, his friend, was "planning" on going. He said Mac asked when we got to find out and DH said first thing weds, hopefully we dont have as long of a wait or i need to bring entertainment" (last time, they had my appt time wrong, they told me 8:30, but that was actually the check in time, m apptwas at 9, and they were 30 mins behind so we were wating like an hour and a half! ) i guess Mac took that to mean he ws gong to be the entertainment?!?! or that was his "invite"!?!?

Either way, DH is going to talk to him tomorrow and explain that we REALLY want this to be just us. its OUR baby, its OUR future,100% US! we want it to be just that! and we were planning on going to our little spot by the river to start thinking of names! He is also going to bring upthat its not right hes volunteering his presense at sucha personal event. Hopefully dumb ass gets the idea and we dont have to get to the point of calling the hospital!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. He would not be going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lolasoul
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Yes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Yes. I honestly would say he is not allowed to come, or be apart of it in any way shape or form.

southernbelle07
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I very often get upset with DH and his lack of communication. Yes, this would upset me.

Gealach
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM
To ride with? No biggie
To be in the exam room? Hell would freeze over first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM
i would be very mad!!! but df wouldnt allow that anyway...his friend tried going with us to a few appts so we could run him around afterwards, thankfully df said no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM
The way they were talking, he's going TOO the appt. Not just to wait. Plus. Its not like its a far ride. Its like 10 mins from the house! Why get up and be out of the house by 8am, for a 15 min ride to sit in a lobby for 30 mins and ride home for 10! Kwim?!

Quoting Gealach:

To ride with? No biggie

To be in the exam room? Hell would freeze over first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danijean
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Tell him only one person is allowed in the room with you. I just had my appt and they only let you have one person in there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM
I don't wanna sound like a Bish and be like "tell him NO way in hell!" But I don't want him there! Even just for the ride! He freakin bugs me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I thought about that. But they said since its "the big US, they make exceptions" =/

Quoting danijean:

Tell him only one person is allowed in the room with you. I just had my appt and they only let you have one person in there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)