Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I'm going to quit...I have no other choice! **update in orange**

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I've spoken with my mom several times [more like dozens to be honest] about this and tonight we've both agreed that I should hand in my notice to quit watching the boy (Jimmy - which is my 4yo BIL) that I watch. Yes I will lose my ONLY source of income ($800/month), but it seems like every week there is something going on "did Bubby (my son) do something to Jimmy?", "why does he have this mark?", "did he fall on a toy?", etc., etc., etc. Jimmy also attends a play school 3-days a week and it's seems like that every/any mark he gets is my fault. My thought process - he's a boy, he's going to fall and get scratches, he's going to get bruises, he's going to bump his head. Jimmy is so very timid and Bubby is very strong willed. Jimmy will not say "STOP" if anyone hurting him, he will allow any kid to push him and he won't do anything back AT ALL.

I just want to say, that yes there have been times when my son has caused a mark on Jimmy, but it's also been vice versa. Either it is by a toy, running and falling, tripping, bumping into something, etc. Jimmy had also tried to choke out my son when he was 17 months. I'm not saying that either is excusable; however, boys will be boys!! They (his parents, more so his mom) act as every bruise, bump, scratch, cut that is on their son is my fault...even the ones that he comes here with from over the weekend. They blame me for when we go outside and he gets a rash from the grass which he is allergic too, but he has to be outside at least once a day (per his mom), my whole back yard is grass!! So it's basically I can't win for losing.

My current situation is that I've been a SAHM since March 2010, I'm 24wks pregnant with my 2nd child (which is my husbands), seperated from my husband since November (he had an affair), in the process of a custody hearing [not until June] and then in November I will be filing for divorce. My mom and her fiance, who I am so thankful for, are paying for my legal fees and I've vowed to pay them back though once everything is settled. I am however looking for some sort of part-time job to hold me over until August (when I'm due), then get back in the work force.

Question - What would you write in your letter to them? Remember I'm having to write this letter to my in-laws (father & step-mother).

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JessicaEOH
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM
First, I think you need to teach 'BUBBY' that it's not ok to be mean and hurt people. About the letter, just write them a two week/one month notice of termination. You can verbally tell them why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trublonde130
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM

We have been trying to teach Bubby to not be so rough; however, he's having issues that we are trying to figure out.

Quoting JessicaEOH:

First, I think you need to teach 'BUBBY' that it's not ok to be mean and hurt people. About the letter, just write them a two week/one month notice of termination. You can verbally tell them why.

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I agree with this. 

Quoting JessicaEOH:

ProudMommy51006
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Me too

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I agree with this. 

Quoting JessicaEOH:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I would be really nice, not say a single thing about their questions that are insulting to you (although, let's be fair, it sounds like they might have reasons to ask such questions), and just say that it has been a pleasure, but you regret to inform them that you are are unable to care for their child anymore as of May XX, 2012. You don't need a reason, you just need to be nice. They are an employer. If they ask why, just give a good, generic response. Something about being pregnant, wanting to find a job that has XYZ (Health care, better for your resume, whatever it may be) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN