Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What is the weirdest thing your kids will eat?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

Lately, many people have been asking about my son. Of course as a parent, you get curious to know if your friend's kids are as picky as yours. Well, in my case, my son is not picky at all and people find it completely insane that my 6 year old will eat mushrooms and onions all day long, but turns his nose up at peanut butter. I, myself, ask "Isn't that a staple in a child's diet?!?!"  lol  I'm just wondering if my kid really is a weirdo.  :)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM

my oldest loves to eat the orange peel along with the fruit on the orange slices.

he also loves mussels in a white wine and garlic sauce, so does my 3 yr old

if i don't watch my kids in the produce section they'll steal raw brocoli and green beans to eat them.

LilStacy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Ur kid is better then me, I can't stand chunks of unions or mushrooms....im not picky but those yuck me out lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Navywifetk
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with cheese.

joelenemc
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM

eels. Eels are traditional food staple within my tribe and my kids love 'em... (I don't... I actually HATE them but my three and four year old gobble 'em up)....

novachick
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:25 AM
My kids eat anything and everything from dried seaweed being a fav snack food to drinking wheat grass. They do not like reg kid foods like spaghetti-o's and things like that. But we eat all organic and try to make very healthy choices so they are really great about it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nurina101
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Considering my first child isn't here i guess this question goes to me!! lol i've been craving pizza sauce and oranges together lmbo guess thats as wired as i get!!! but my neice will just bote into a tamato like is candy and thats wierder that wierd!! 

Lol as far as your son goes i say be blessed, takes moms a whole decade to get there kids to eat that lol

comf
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM
My son loves seaweed salad, mushrooms, green peppers, zuchinni, etc. He also eats cashew butter, peanut butter, mac and cheese, cereal....

Actually the kid will eat about anything but meat, I offer but he spits it out. That excludes bacon, he loves bacon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skerst83
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I love it ladies!! Lol. Now I don't feel as awkward for the looks we get when we're sitting in a sushi restaurant and he's chowing down on raw salmon and tuna (both red and white...lol) either.

Nurina101, my big craving was M&M's mixed with french onion dip...I would just eat it with a spoon. So you're not the only weird one. I would say that my kid turned out just fine, but....lol

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:04 PM

My son eats kapenta fish...they look, smell, and taste nasty but he loves them! Here's a pic:

aidenmomplus4
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

My kids eat sushi and steak tartare, two things that I can't stand eating or being near. Thanks DH for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)