Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

To mothers raising boys, I have a couple questions!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
  • 171 Replies
Hi Ladies,

My question is when did you start letting your son(s) start using the Mens public restroom alone?

Like if it's just you and your kids out one day, how old were they when you let them go to the Mens restroom alone and did you worry about them while they were in there?

Thanks! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LongBeachLiz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm not there yet but it won't be for awhile. Many children have been hurt in public bathrooms so I'm a bit paranoid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I let Ds go alone. he's 4.5... i do get nervous, but he's pretty vocal, if anything were to happen i would know right away since i stand right outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Not yet. He's 5&1/2 but he is autistic and even if I would let him he wouldn't go in without me. He doesn't like people and gets very nervous around them so he usually won't leave my side when we're out and about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
DS is 4.5 and we're nowhere near ready for him to go to public bathrooms solo. I'll consider it in a few years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethanyb0325
1 mom liked this
I'm not there yet, I think 6 or older is ok, any younger I wouldn't feel safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
1 mom liked this
My son is almost 6. If I don't need to go as well, I will let him go in the men's but I stand at the door and will call to him if he is taken longer than I feel good about. I have also opened the door and looked in when I didn't hear back.
He likes going in the men's but I am a little ugh about it still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM
same

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

DS is 4.5 and we're nowhere near ready for him to go to public bathrooms solo. I'll consider it in a few years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joelenemc
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is 4.5 and he doesn't go alone yet... I let him go in the stall alone, but not the bathroom.

ChelseySpelsey
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM
4 moms liked this
My boys are 7 & 6 and I still make them use the women's restroom. I just do NOT trust people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a girl but had to deal with this when she was 6 because she would go places with my dad. So i started doing it at places that have the curved entrance and no door, i would let her go by herself. It helped both of us to be more comfortable with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)