Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

To mothers raising boys, I have a couple questions!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi Ladies,

My question is when did you start letting your son(s) start using the Mens public restroom alone?

Like if it's just you and your kids out one day, how old were they when you let them go to the Mens restroom alone and did you worry about them while they were in there?

Thanks! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
Mrs.Brugger
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

He's 4 and still uses the bathroom with me or DH. He's not going anywhere alone for awhile.

muthrof_2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Great! Hood to ne prepared! :)

Quoting misslady80013:

That's awesome! Oh, my son is wayyyy too young, he's only 3 weeks, lol. I was just asking because I know I will be faced with this situation one day and wanted to hear how you all handle it.

Quoting muthrof_2:

He asked if he could, and I felt he was fine with it before that, but waited until he was ready. He's doing awesome. He knows I'm out side if he needs and to call me...

There was one time a man was offering to help him wash his hands.. he called me , I went in and he told me. I thanked the man and washed his hands... wasn't a bad situation but he knew not to speak to anyone, for any reason. I think if u feel he's ready then to let him. Go over it with him, let him know if he plays around or anything that it will b back to going in the ladies room.

Quoting misslady80013:

Ok, did he want to or you felt that he should? How is he handling it?

Quoting muthrof_2:

He's 4.(5 in a month) Been doing it about 8 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Britty1987
1 mom liked this
Mine is 6. I just started letting him go in alone but I wait outside the door
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muthrof_2
LOL stupid phone.. meant great! Good to be prepared! :)

Quoting misslady80013:

That's awesome! Oh, my son is wayyyy too young, he's only 3 weeks, lol. I was just asking because I know I will be faced with this situation one day and wanted to hear how you all handle it.

Quoting muthrof_2:

He asked if he could, and I felt he was fine with it before that, but waited until he was ready. He's doing awesome. He knows I'm out side if he needs and to call me...

There was one time a man was offering to help him wash his hands.. he called me , I went in and he told me. I thanked the man and washed his hands... wasn't a bad situation but he knew not to speak to anyone, for any reason. I think if u feel he's ready then to let him. Go over it with him, let him know if he plays around or anything that it will b back to going in the ladies room.

Quoting misslady80013:

Quoting muthrof_2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentonGirl
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah im not there yet either but i wouldnt let my sd go to the bathroom by herself till she was 7. Shes wasnt that mature at 6. But i think 6 is a good age to start letting them if they are mature enough.

Quoting bethanyb0325:

I'm not there yet, I think 6 or older is ok, any younger I wouldn't feel safe.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Thanks! A lot of people around here think I am thinking too far ahead, lol. I just like to have a plan plus a back up because life never goes according to my plan, lol. I told my aunt it will be mandatory for my son to be involved in some type of activity after school and she said it's too early to. Be thinking about stuff like that, lol. I believe if he stays busy with positive things he won't have time for the bad stuff. You know what I mean? I would also like him to take a self defense class. These bullies now days are doing too much and it will only get worse.

Quoting muthrof_2:

Great! Hood to ne prepared! :)

Quoting misslady80013:

Quoting muthrof_2:

Quoting misslady80013:

Quoting muthrof_2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeslc03
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is 8 and I just wait outside while he goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM
No problem. :-) I just got rid of my other phone because whenever I would send someone a text for the correct spelling of my name, it's Keshawnah, it would turn it into lesbians, lol. There's nothing wrong with lesbians but that is not even close to my name. I didn't have that problem until several weeks ago. I was getting texts on how to spell my name so they could find my baby registry online to buy my baby a gift for the baby shower. My SO thought it was hilarious.

Quoting muthrof_2:

LOL stupid phone.. meant great! Good to be prepared! :)

Quoting misslady80013:

Quoting muthrof_2:

Quoting misslady80013:

Quoting muthrof_2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I have girls but good post. I'm not sure what is "normal", since I always feel weird about seeing big boys in the women's rest room. It makes me uncomfortable.

*keeps reading* I may just fine that the ages I see are for a certain reason.

T-Rentsmommy06
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest is almost 6 and still comes in with me. Maybe at 10 I will cut that ambilical cord. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN