Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

dh just gave me a scare :(

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM
  • 26 Replies
Brayden pood right through his pj's while I was nursing him on our bed. Once he was all cleaned up I brought him into the living room so Jesse (dh) could get some more sleep.

I heard noises from the bedroom, but I figured he just changed the sheet and went back to bed. B kept doing the sign for daddy and looking all around. I thought it was cute and told him daddy was sleeping. He started getting very upset so I brought him to the bedroom to show him where daddy was.

My heart sank when I did not see Jesse in bed- I saw his feet on the floor behind the bed... I walked over to see what he was doing- and he was (asleep?). I called to him- with no response. (For those who don't know me- dh was hospitalized a couple weeks ago for super high blood sugar and ended up diagnosed with type 1 diabetes)

As quickly as I could, I put B in his bassinet and started shaking Jesse. For what seemed like forever- he didn't respond. Finally, I got him to roll onto his side and groan. I wondered if he needed sugar (too much insilin?) Or an insulin shot- the wrong choice would be costly. So, I grabbed his glucose meter and thank goodness he was coherent enough to talk me through it kind-of.

His sugar was fine.... He must just be extremely tired... Omg... I was so scared!!! :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayteebug93
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:28 AM
How scary!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMEMomma05
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Oh goodness!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Right?

I'm glad I'm the type to act first and freak out later lol!

Quoting kayteebug93:

How scary!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
So he decided to not change the sheet and curl up on the floor!? Lol! Sorry that's not funny given his health! But kinda funny he was that tired instead of changing the sheet he got on the floor!

Poor you! You beter kick him in the butt later for scaring you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrookesMommy824
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM

wow that is scary, glad hes ok

xomrs.chase
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM
LOL no

He changed the sheet then he said the next thing he remembers is me waking him. I guess he passed out? Poor guy.... I guess he's exhausted

Quoting cowboysgirl2810:

So he decided to not change the sheet and curl up on the floor!? Lol! Sorry that's not funny given his health! But kinda funny he was that tired instead of changing the sheet he got on the floor!

Poor you! You beter kick him in the butt later for scaring you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Aubrey'sMama on May. 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I got a scare this morning , but yours is WAY worse. Sorry mama , im glad he's okay !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Thanks! I'm glad he's ok too. He says he feels better after eating. He did have an early dinner

What happened with you??

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

I got a scare this morning , but yours is WAY worse. Sorry mama , im glad he's okay !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystyneh
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM
WOW I'd be scared too but I'm glad he's okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Glad hes okay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)