Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Not a big deal? (maybe kinda long)

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM
  • 9 Replies
So my dh just told me I was overreacting, even now I don't think I was so I wanna see what you ladies think.

We had storms last night that knocked out power for a few seconds. So dh had put flashlights out on the coffee table. Now this morning.

I come into the living room with ds a realize dh left 2 AA batteries on the table fully in ds reach. I told him next time put them away because they were a choking hazard. He then told me it was the job of the person who brought ds into the room to take care of them and make sure there are no choking hazards.

He said that putting the batteries next to the flashlights on the table made perfect sense because he then knew where they were. I asked why he couldn't put them into the batter drawer, he would know where they were BUT the flashlights already had fresh batteries.

I was getting angry by this point because he was very insistent that the batteries were not his responsibility. Then compared him getting a hold of a battery to breaking his kindle. I'm not sure how they equate whatsoever since a swallowed battery is deadly while ds breaking his kindle is simply annoying.

The reason I was so upset is because ds has gotten a battery into his mouth before, licking dh caught it in time ( I was not home). So I don't understand why he would needlessly leave them out.

So really am I overreacting? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Autumn19
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
no who ever had them out needs to put them away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegepunkstr
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Just pick them up and put them away. Its not something I would get into an arguement about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

just drop it. its not an argument that needs to be carried on. you have voiced your concern over the battery that's all you can do. anything more from this point will justbe arguing until one of you submits to the other..no point. just sweep a room with your eyes when yo go into it and straighten what needs to be.

cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:56 AM
He should have put them away, I totaly get that, but at the same time, I think he has a point as well, the person bring DS into the room should know what's out. Especially given the poweroutage last night.

I see both sides, I think its one of those things that THIS time can be kinda, no harm no foul, and take it as a lesson for BOTH of you guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyEmrys
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:56 AM

well.. id say you are both right. if there was something in the room he put there that he KNEW was a danger to your child, then he should have dealt with that. and you entering the room and seeing the danger should have dealt with it. 

which... sounds like you did. so... the hashing it out and arguing might be overreacting, since you did your job and removed the danger. shrug. 

MamaCat1121
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM
I dobt think so but it should be a combined effort to keep those things away from your childs reach. Not a blame game.
I dont think you were overreacting...especially when its happened before. Its your childs safety and he needs to be more understanding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaTwinkleA
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I really tired not to. He was pissy this morning, as was I apparently. Mostly because he was complaining about me not going to the gym anymore and not tracking my calories anymore. A gym trip takes 2.5 hrs minimum, but that's not the issue. I felt he was calling my 125 lb self "chubby". So I was a little irritated already.

Sigh, but you are right it never should have gotten to argument status.

Quoting vegepunkstr:

Just pick them up and put them away. Its not something I would get into an arguement about.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaTwinkleA
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Yeah. I'd lose that one anyway as he never admits he was wrong really. I calmed.really quick but he was pissed when I went to take him to work. His loss I guess, since I tried to give him his lunch and he said he didn't want it. *shrug* guess he won't be eating O.o.

Quoting .Pagan.:

just drop it. its not an argument that needs to be carried on. you have voiced your concern over the battery that's all you can do. anything more from this point will justbe arguing until one of you submits to the other..no point. just sweep a room with your eyes when yo go into it and straighten what needs to be.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kg8500
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Quoting Autumn19:

no who ever had them out needs to put them away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)