Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gaining weight too fast? Worried!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 16 weeks pregnant. Spent my entire 1st trimester throwing everything up, unded up smaller than I was before i found out I was pregnant. Now I'm 16 weeks, my fingers are slightly swelled, and I feel bloated, and the scale is showing an 8 pound increase. That doesn't sound like much, except for where I'm at in my pregnancy, and the fact that I'm only allowed to gain about 15 pounds. ...I just don't want to mess up.

I love being pregnant. However, I love it soooo much with my first baby (who is now 19 months) that I gained about 40 pounds...and never lost it. So this pregnancy I was determined to do it right, and do it healthy. Last couple of weeks we've done nothing but eat out, so I lost the "healthy" I know. I need to get right though...but I'm not sure I know how.

Cut calories? Focus only on the good ones? Cut carbs? Ugh, I feel defeated. 

The beautiful thing is I'm addicted to salad during this pregancy. It's all I think about. Maybe I should live off salad's. :) 

Any help would be great!

BabyFetus Ticker
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Replies (11-13):
Lullabylee89
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I am doing yoga this morning. I was n't allowed to exercise my first trimester due to cramping, but once I was allowed to work out I was still so tired with a toddler and cleaning i never wanted to move. Today I am determined to do an hour of yoga and hopefully my prenatal workout videos. I must do something. 

Quoting JansRainbow:

Get exercise. I do water aerobics and we have two girls in our class that are pregnant. Check with your doctor about getting exercise. Walking is great too.

sweettigeress
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I gained weight quicker with my second one.

kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Do not cut or count calories while preggo! Eat more frequently! 5 to 6 small meals a day. Balance your proteins with your fruits and veggies. Also stay active, take your little one and go for a walk 30 min a day you could break it up as well. Just make sure you pace yourself. Drink at least 4 bottles of water a day and try to cut the sugary drinks!

Most importantly you are preggo it is okay to cheat but get right back to your normal eating routine!

And that 8 lbs could be water retention, drink some more water to flush out your body.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)