Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh Yes.... The "Meat Man" Just Came......

Posted by   + Show Post
YUP! Literally! He rang my doorbell & introduced himself as "The Meat Man". -_-

With his truck-load of meat, he began his well-practiced speech about how good his meat is. O_o

*I Interrupt*

"We have 3 full-sized freezers full of beef from the cows that we raise & butcher ourselves."

*Evil Grin*

He *shrugs* & says BUH-BYE!

*giggle*

Now, if only I could figure out how to get rid of the Jahovah's Witnesses that quickly? :/

**Disclaimer: No offense to any JW's. I just prefer to not have door-to-door Religious salesmen at my home. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
P.V.Hawkwind
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I hate the meat man. One was so fucking rude to me the other week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Lmao!! We bought from the meat man last week lol.
Just tell the Jehovah's that you are too busy slaughtering your pigs for worship ....errr, dinner, to discuss religious views
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveabi
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM
We get them driving around in our county all the time!! I work for the 911 dispatch and people actually call 911 to say they had a meat salesman come by...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM
My. Mom always gave the Jehovah witnesses a holy card when they knocked on our door. They always left after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Not in MY town! O_o

If they know you're home & not answering, they knock for-freekin-EVER!

Quoting blue_elephant:

I ignored the JW's they eventually got the hint and left me alone

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyTsunade81
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Yeahh... This guy? Not-so-much! O_o. He kinda creeped me out.

Quoting Candace8609:

omg when we lived in out apt, 3 of those guys showed up in the 7 months we lived there!!! all of them fine as hell so my prego ass was flirty ;) lol

There used to be two JW's that lived in our apartment complex. They never came to our door but any time they saw me carrying groceries they would offer to help me and always said hello whey they walked by me. They were sweet guys but JW's weird me out...they don't even celebrate birthdays :/

Hutersmom
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I got rid of mine by answering the door wearing my clothes that I wore to the club the night before.... I still had my fangs in and the party had a blood theme so I had dry fake blood on me. I've never seen two grown men move so fast lmao.. The funny thing is I wasn't tring to scare them I thought they were my cuz who was supposed to come over. They told my neighbor that I was a devil worshiper lol, I was great freinds with the JW woman next door she was great not pushy and understood that we did not believe in the same things she did, she made my son a stuffie when he was born. We always had a laugh about that day and it kept them from knocking that early ever again

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

They come here often. ALWAYS bright & early on a sunday morning. O_o

Usually when my family is frantically getting ready for church, which makes it THAT MUCH MORE annoying.

Anyways, this really PUSHY guy wouldn't take "no" for an answer & shoved his pamphlet in my face 50 times, before I finally told him: "When you accompany me to MY church service, I will listen to what you have to say about YOUR Religion!". He walked away. :/

Quoting EmmaZate:

I agree! Normally I get rid of the jws by making them tell me why they have a better religion, without putting others down. They can never do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

No one ever rings my bell to talk to me about his meat :(

blue_elephant
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Open the door and close it on them, lol...

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Not in MY town! O_o

If they know you're home & not answering, they knock for-freekin-EVER!

Quoting blue_elephant:

I ignored the JW's they eventually got the hint and left me alone

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:33 PM
I get the Mormons and they ALWAYS show up at horrible times and getting rid of them is difficult. One time I heard the doorbell and I was in the shower and I thought my friend, who was coming over, had showed up early so I threw on a towel, conditioner in my hair and all and answered it to find two Mormon young men looking at me like I was a crazy person. Umm... Excuse me, you rung my doorbell. Geesh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)