Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Your a waitress so you must be an idiot!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM
  • 20 Replies

Some people are so arrogant it is sickening! I went to a ladies night dinner this evening at a local resturant. It was me and 5 other ladies. I am not going to lie the service was not good but they were also really busy and short staffed. The girls that I went with were just very rude in general and super stuck up. One of the ladies made the comment "I don't even know why I'm surprised or dissapointed. You can't really expect much from a person that serves other people food for a living! It's not like you can really have expectations, you know?" She said it with our waitress in ear shot! Her comment really offended me and made me feel like she was being so judgemental. I do not work in the food service industry anymore but DH and I both used too work in resturaunts to put ourselves through college and to put DH through medical school. I told the girls that. I told the lady, "Well make sure you don't go to DH's ER the next time your thinking about dying! I mean he used to wait tables so you know, you can't really expect that much from him either. Besides from graduating at the top of his class with a medical degree he is just a big dummy!" I probably ended up sounding like the jerk when it was all said and done but I don't care. I mean these stupid girls need to know that not everyone gets to live off of mommy and daddy and thier trust funds thier whole lives. Some people actually have to work to get the things they want. I really hate having to associate with these people. These are the experiences that make me think I'm never going to fit in with the Doctors wives, the country club members and into this social scene and world. It is just not me. I'm just venting. Tonight just really makes me miss my family and friends. I just miss being around people that don't suck...lol

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tazmidgiefairy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I would the same thing and left if u could
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Girl you kickass. :) I was a server for awhile and I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes our jobs do not define us as who we really are. Of course there are variables. But it's really sad to hear that some people can be so clueless and ignorant in how the world really works. 

liz.a.powell
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! I would have said something as well. It would be difficult having to associate with people who think they are better simply because they came from money.  Making your way to the top is much better then getting it because you think you're entitled.

jessistarr85
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I do work in fast food. Is it my dream job? Hell no, but it gets my rent paid and puts food on the table. Right now I am thankful to have ANY job because there are so many people that don't have a job and have lost their homes. 

kayandjsmom
by Alecia on May. 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Go you. I've waitressed many times. I guess I would rather be considered dumb than be a snooty bitch who looks down on someone because of their job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM
what did she say back to you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KJ
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I would have let her have it! I think waitressing is one job that everyone should try once in their life to see that it's not as simple as others think it is! I've done it for many years and actually make better money than my DH in less hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Haha, good for you! I waitresses to get my husband through college. We all do what we have to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

not that much except she tried spinning it and telling all of us that she was no stranger to hard work b/c she had to work at her dad's law firm filing papers for 2 whole days to help pay off a speeding ticket that got in high school...i honestly could not even believe she was using that as an example.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

what did she say back to you?

laxdal2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Good for you, for saying what you did. I have been judged for working in the service industry People assume I am stupid, b/c all I do appearntly is serving them drinks. Thank you for saying what you did. I hope this woman thinks twice before she offends a hard working person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)