Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Your a waitress so you must be an idiot!

Some people are so arrogant it is sickening! I went to a ladies night dinner this evening at a local resturant. It was me and 5 other ladies. I am not going to lie the service was not good but they were also really busy and short staffed. The girls that I went with were just very rude in general and super stuck up. One of the ladies made the comment "I don't even know why I'm surprised or dissapointed. You can't really expect much from a person that serves other people food for a living! It's not like you can really have expectations, you know?" She said it with our waitress in ear shot! Her comment really offended me and made me feel like she was being so judgemental. I do not work in the food service industry anymore but DH and I both used too work in resturaunts to put ourselves through college and to put DH through medical school. I told the girls that. I told the lady, "Well make sure you don't go to DH's ER the next time your thinking about dying! I mean he used to wait tables so you know, you can't really expect that much from him either. Besides from graduating at the top of his class with a medical degree he is just a big dummy!" I probably ended up sounding like the jerk when it was all said and done but I don't care. I mean these stupid girls need to know that not everyone gets to live off of mommy and daddy and thier trust funds thier whole lives. Some people actually have to work to get the things they want. I really hate having to associate with these people. These are the experiences that make me think I'm never going to fit in with the Doctors wives, the country club members and into this social scene and world. It is just not me. I'm just venting. Tonight just really makes me miss my family and friends. I just miss being around people that don't suck...lol

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
TexasWife
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Oh well. I guess my husband will forever be an idiot. He is going to school for Culinary Arts. :)

raye-chan
by Raye on May. 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I hate when people do that! I worked serving food and working at McDonalds part time to make sure I could afford to move outta my mom's house after HS. It's not a dream job but it pays the bills. Besides, if there were no servers or fast food workers, no one would get their food when they'd try to eat out. Inconsiderate people! Ugh! But, go you for your comment! 

ShyJen
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I cant stand people like that either. I dont take it out on the waitress if the food sucks, its not their fault. People bash housekeepers too. I work in a hotel, Im a housekeeper and I hear the snobs say remarks about us not getting anywhere in life or not being smart enough to have a real career, or they complain when their room hasnt been cleaned by 8am.  I've seen women totally ignore us.  And im like seriously? grow up! 

TristaB
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Servers work so much harder then people give them credit for!... there's so much memorization and multi tasking involved, as well as being friendly and in the moment even when you want to punch some snotty twat in her cock sucker, and the stress.... I've been a server since high school, so I have a lot of experience. People like that could never trade places with an actual server because they couldn't hang. And if you are good at what you do, and work in a good restaurant you can make REALLY good money!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaistheword87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

How a person treats a food server is how they will treat their friends.  You've been warned!

mamaistheword87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

This is SO TRUE

I say this as someone with a PhD who had TRIED to work at a restaurant twice while in university, but quit both times because I couldn't "get it."

Quoting TristaB:

Servers work so much harder then people give them credit for!... there's so much memorization and multi tasking involved, as well as being friendly and in the moment even when you want to punch some snotty twat in her cock sucker, and the stress.... I've been a server since high school, so I have a lot of experience. People like that could never trade places with an actual server because they couldn't hang. And if you are good at what you do, and work in a good restaurant you can make REALLY good money!

DrownTheClown
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Ive been a server for 12 yrs. I make great money at it. Infact, I make more in just 3 shifts than my dh makes in 2 weeks. I love what I do, but there are some snotty bitches like your friend who make my night hell. Who the hell do they think is going to serve them their food or drinks if us "idiots" dont do it? Ive met some pretty amazing people while working in the resturants. I could call anyone of them up in the middle of the night with a problem, and they would come to my rescue no questions asked. And they wouldnt expect anything out of it. I bet if you called your "friend" up in the middle of the night you would owe her for the rest of your life. That is if she could remove her head from her own ass long enough to help you out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM
i was a waitress in college too and fall back on it when i need to make money. I worked at a ritzy resort one summer and made 200+ per night, and it was my second job, I dont make that in my field now (not that i work)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggiebender
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Oh boy! I am glad you were able to see the ignorance behind her statement, and call her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Agreed

Quoting liz.a.powell:

Good for you! I would have said something as well. It would be difficult having to associate with people who think they are better simply because they came from money.  Making your way to the top is much better then getting it because you think you're entitled.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN