Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you let your children do this??

Posted by   + Show Post

I am just curious as to how many mother's let their children play outside alone these days..

I have about 15 kids all under the age of 10 playing on my street every day after school with no parental supervision whatsoever and I personally can't believe it. Just curious how many mother's agree with this.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Replies (131-139):
melly_v88
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

We live WAY out in the boonies, so I'm not worried about someone snatching them up or anything but either way I wouldn't let my kids outside alone, unless they were on the porch [which has a locked gated] and I could see them. But just out while I'm in the house not paying any attention? Never.

Mom2Addison12
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:00 AM

oh i would've said it.....let me catch any assholes doing that shit, and yeah they won't be happy with me, because i'd be bringing the police with my loud ass mouth right along with me on both situations.

and the best part, well not the best, but two summers ago, the kids  across the street walked from our street to the police station is ACROSS town, which means they had to cross a major major street, that it's hard to see cars coming, in bare feet, and the police did NOTHING.

i can't even believe that i am a part of that family...i am counting down the days til i move.

Quoting Dollyrot:

We've had to step in a few times with the people in the apartment across the courtyard from us. They had a baby, MAYBE two, standing at the door, upstairs apartment, cement steps.. standing outside of the closed door, screaming its little lungs out, before we went over and banged on the door. When the people opened it, they go "Oh, where did you find her?"

"She was standing outside your fucking door for ten minutes screaming, you asshole."

Okay, we didn't say that, but still. We've also called the police on them for another toddler standing on a dining table that was out on their BALCONY, leaning over the railing that didn't even come up to his waist. No one giving a damn.

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Quoting Dollyrot:

Yeah, no.

In our apartments, there are toddlers running around with no supervision, and we live on the corner of two busy streets!

There is no way in hell I would let my babies be all alone outside.

yeah the kids across the street from us, have almost gotten hit by cars many many times, and the police have said that there is nothing we can do about it, unless something happens to those kids....and i'm like dude, so it's gotta take a car or a kidnapping for you to step in?????

Mom2Addison12
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Quoting melly_v88:

We live WAY out in the boonies, so I'm not worried about someone snatching them up or anything but either way I wouldn't let my kids outside alone, unless they were on the porch [which has a locked gated] and I could see them. But just out while I'm in the house not paying any attention? Never.

i've let addison in our backyard alone in her pool, but i was in the kitchen with the doors hanging wide open and i saw her clearly, i had to make dinner so.

hkrizi877
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

My city and area is baddddd.. but that seems worse :( I would love to move!!

Congrats to you for getting out of there!

Quoting Dollyrot:

They're not the only ones here like this. These apartments seem to be full of people who act the same, these are just the ones we see most because they're right across from us. I hate living here, because I can't stand seeing the little ones just running around by themselves, or with slightly older ones "watching" them. Like we'll see 8-ish year olds walking around pushing newborns in strollers.

I'm moving next month to a little four-plex in another state. I can't wait.

Quoting hkrizi877:

That right there is f'd up! People continue to surprise me with their stupidity!

Quoting Dollyrot:

We've had to step in a few times with the people in the apartment across the courtyard from us. They had a baby, MAYBE two, standing at the door, upstairs apartment, cement steps.. standing outside of the closed door, screaming its little lungs out, before we went over and banged on the door. When the people opened it, they go "Oh, where did you find her?"

"She was standing outside your fucking door for ten minutes screaming, you asshole."

Okay, we didn't say that, but still. We've also called the police on them for another toddler standing on a dining table that was out on their BALCONY, leaning over the railing that didn't even come up to his waist. No one giving a damn.

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Quoting Dollyrot:

Yeah, no.

In our apartments, there are toddlers running around with no supervision, and we live on the corner of two busy streets!

There is no way in hell I would let my babies be all alone outside.

yeah the kids across the street from us, have almost gotten hit by cars many many times, and the police have said that there is nothing we can do about it, unless something happens to those kids....and i'm like dude, so it's gotta take a car or a kidnapping for you to step in?????

hkrizi877
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Yes that was alll over the news! I remember bc the little girl looked similar to my daughter so it really hit home for me :'(

It was the maintenance guy from the complex she lived in who murdered her. Poor thing

Quoting honeyb690:

not just kidnapping a little over a month ago a little girl was outside in her apartment complex she was 7 or 8 I believe and there was lots of kids outside she siad she going to get a drink from home (that was right across the parking lot) and was not seen again about a 2 weeks or so went by before they found her in the trash compacter(sp?)

Quoting hkrizi877:

That is sad. I just am seriously curious.. Is anyone not afraid of kidnappings? Nothing like that? I maybe a little bit paranoid, but I didn't think I was alone :/

Quoting ffpm10:

My neighbor lets her 3 year old outside for hours at a time unsupervised. I'll see her walking up and down the block at dinner time asking everyone where her DD is. It's pretty sad.

lissy86
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:11 AM

my town is Pretty safe but I live across the road from a shopping complex loading bay so I wouldnt let my son play out there by himself even if I was with him I would close the front gates

honeyb690
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:15 AM
no way on gods green earth sorry but there are toooooooooo many crazy people now a days and every time I turn around I see on the news about another child being taken or someone tried to take the
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honeyb690
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM
yea that was like 3 exits up from me that was just crazy

Quoting hkrizi877:

Yes that was alll over the news! I remember bc the little girl looked similar to my daughter so it really hit home for me :'(

It was the maintenance guy from the complex she lived in who murdered her. Poor thing

Quoting honeyb690:

not just kidnapping a little over a month ago a little girl was outside in her apartment complex she was 7 or 8 I believe and there was lots of kids outside she siad she going to get a drink from home (that was right across the parking lot) and was not seen again about a 2 weeks or so went by before they found her in the trash compacter(sp?)

Quoting hkrizi877:

That is sad. I just am seriously curious.. Is anyone not afraid of kidnappings? Nothing like that? I maybe a little bit paranoid, but I didn't think I was alone :/

Quoting ffpm10:

My neighbor lets her 3 year old outside for hours at a time unsupervised. I'll see her walking up and down the block at dinner time asking everyone where her DD is. It's pretty sad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_luv_my_boys3
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Nope, I do not let my kids play outside alone without me or my DH being there. There has been 3 attempting kidnappings in the past month alone behind our house so I'm pretty protective of my kids... 

in love                     american football    toddler boy   baby boy

Anthony + Fabiola =  Damian, Danny Manny, & Dillon Anthony :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN