Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First High School Reunion...

Posted by   + Show Post
I just saw on my class reunion group site that our 5yr reunion is going to be this Sept... So hard to believe that its been 5yrs already! Seriously where has the time gone? Lol

So I know I have plenty of time til then to fully decide but im so on the fence on whether or not to go. So i thought, why not ask...

Did you go to your first reunion and was it worth it?
If your first reunion is coming up, are you planning on attending or not?

Im jc to see others experiences/thoughts.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
heavenly1462
by Jessica on May. 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I did not go to my 5 year. My 10 year will be in 2014 and I'm not sure if ill go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM

we haven't had one yet. i think they will do a 10 year reunion in 2014 though. as long as im living on the east coast ill go.

TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM

My ten year reunion was a couple years ago. I really didn't want to go, but hubby bought my ticket and they were non refundable. I went and really didn't have a good time.

Charliesmommy11
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
My 5 year is coming up in June but there having it at a bar that doesn't have the best reputation and the bar scene doesn't really appeal to my DH and I so I'm on the fence as well. I think at only 5 years we could probably all safely say " I can wait another 5 years to see everyone ".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Our reunion is this month. (10yrs) I'm not going. I swore up and down I would either cure AIDS, when a Noble Peace Prize, or be a doctor before my reunion. Since I have not accomplished any of those...I can't go. LOL!!!

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I had my 10 yr reunion last year. The committee did a shotty job at planning it so it was all last minute and a little over budget. They had planned a tailgate/picnic the night of the homecoming game and then the formal reunion the following night. Since the tailgate was free I went to that. LOL A lot of the people I graduated with are on FB so I talk to them there so it wasn't a big deal to me to miss the actual reunion. 

CafeMom Tickers
ShireeCS
by Shiree on May. 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM
I didn't go to my 10 year I live in the town I graduated from and already talk to people I want to on fb so no need to spend the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I didn't even realize schools did 5 year reunions!! Have fun!! My 10 year passed recently. I have been out of contact with most everyone I went to school with since graduating, so it was really strange to be there. Weird how so much time had past, but everything was still basically the same!

LML1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Nope. I always hung out with the older kids in HS. Didn't much care for the ppl I graduated w/.

PEEK05
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Our first reunion is the 10 year mark which will be 2016 for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)