Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

It seems like those on Medicaid

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 126 Replies
2 moms liked this

Are the only ones who can "afford" to have kids. With my first baby, I was 19, made $8.00/hour and although I lived with my bf, there was no way we could have afforded insurance. So I got on medicaid. Well with my second I'm 24, have had insurance through my job for a long time and I'm on dh's insurance as well. I am going to be in debt from hospital bills for the next 10 years or so :( my insurance didn't cover much and idk how much dh's is gonna cover...I'm looking at like $8,000 between clinic and hospital bills so far from just my insurance. It's ridiculous to pay for insurance every month and still pay out the ass!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 2, 2012 at 3:43 PM
3 moms liked this
You may be able to apply and they can pay what your insurance cant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I tried and we "make too much."

Quoting PeaceMuch:

You may be able to apply and they can pay what your insurance cant

vwd_johnson
by Valerie on May. 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear you. My medical bills for the kids are outrageous right now. We pay so much for health insurance but yet it hardly covers anything !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javamama619
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Omg! I am pregnant now and fighting with Medicaid I was covered for about 1m and now I am suddenly now not covered we were told to go with Medicaid because dhs job offers crap insurance and we r waiting on tricare I miss the time when u just called the midwife to come out when u went into labor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Thankfully our payout is $2,000 but that doesn't include something's. Ended up costing us just over $4,000. Its crazy. We pay $350 a month for insurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

At least you are insured. Kwim?

Aadensma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

It's a total joke and a rip off. If I had normal pregnancies I could have gotten away with paying like $3,000 total. I was going to go through a midwife but then it all went downhill..

Quoting vwd_johnson:

I hear you. My medical bills for the kids are outrageous right now. We pay so much for health insurance but yet it hardly covers anything !!

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this
In my state you can get Medicaid of your insurance company doesn't cover pregnancy. I cannot afford insurance on myself. My son is on Medicaid and I don't qualify unless I'm pregnant. We do not even qualify for food stamps. We do not qualify for day care assisstance, so i cannot work. It does suck but we are doing the best we can.

My friend has 4 kids with no income and she can afford brand name stuff. I'm over here scraping up dollars to afford generic and that's only able to afford diapers and supper, no lunch and just pancake mix and eggs for breakfast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Yeah but it's not helping much..

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

At least you are insured. Kwim?

LaideBug
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My now 3yo was pretty expensive. :) Our insurance didn't pay hardly anything. We ended up with just over $12,000 to pay out of pocket. 3 years later we are down to just under $1,000 and should have it paid off by June. I am pregnant now and we have great insurance this time but it will still be about $500 out of pocket. Which I must say is way better than the $12,000 with my first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN