Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

anyone have a stigmatism and wear contacts?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ive been wearing glasses for a long time, and I really hate it. I also have a pretty bad stigmatism in both eyes. I heard that makes contacts pretty uncomfortable. Im trying to decide if its worth it. Anyone wear them?? 

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM
I have it and I wear contacts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LostTheSlipper
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I wear contacts and supposedly the ones I wear do NOT correct my astigmatism (not sure why my doctor did it that way.) They're pretty comfortable and clear so I don't think it's too much of a problem. They're only uncomfortable if dry or if I'm really tired. Oh, they can also be "inside out" so if they're in wrong that could be a big cause of discomfort as well.

mama_grizz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM
I wear the air optix, they're just fine for me, fit perfectly. They cost me $115 for 6 month supply, but I get a discount of 10%. I'm also really blind lol, idk if that changes the price.

Quoting Ash1ey01:

Thanks for the info! They mentioned 2 types they would try on me. One was like air optics I think?? And the other one was way expensive, thats prob what youre talking about. I just dont want to pay all this $ and not wear them ya know? 

Quoting mama_grizz:

I do! I have an awful stigmatism, but I'm far sighted so glasses make me look bug eyed and I hate it. They always give me toric lenses. Just a warning... They are NOT cheap. It usually costs me $60 a box for 6. That's $120 for a six month supply. I have no problems with comfort, although if they get dry they won't realign themselves and I'm blind for a minute lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erienne06
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Same here I wear the Soft Lens brand. I've been wearing them for 4 years now.

Quoting mama_grizz:

I do! I have an awful stigmatism, but I'm far sighted so glasses make me look bug eyed and I hate it. They always give me toric lenses. Just a warning... They are NOT cheap. It usually costs me $60 a box for 6. That's $120 for a six month supply. I have no problems with comfort, although if they get dry they won't realign themselves and I'm blind for a minute lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sept-babies2
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I have an astigmatism and wore contacts and i didn't find them uncomfortable at all except the first few days you get used to them..then after that it was fine like you cant feel a difference 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I have astigmatism in both eyes. It started out just in my left eye but is in both now. I wear the Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus... they are really comfy and I can hardly feel them on my eye, but with the astigmatism they do tend to move around just a little. Not a lot but mostly when I blink & open my eyes back up my vision is a little blurry... just have to blink a few times for it to be clear. But other than that I do not have any problems with contacts.

BabyFruit Ticker
ooCherryo0
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I have one and feel normal contacts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nurina101
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Ive been wearing glasses since i was in the second grad 0_o sheeeesssshhh thats a long time!!!!!! i have a stigmatism in one eye and where both acuvve and freshlooks, i will say when i started wearing them six years ago it took awhile to get use to them.... sadly sometimes i sleep in them lol 

HeartsCombined
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I have horrible eyes. I have an astigmatism and am near-sighted and I've worn contacts since 5th grade. I just but toric lenses, which are a bit pricey but necessary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM

+1

Quoting sbell719:

I wore contacts with an astigmatism for many years. There are contacts made specifically for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)