Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Killeen Texas Area?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey everyone, so normally i wouldnt do this but my husband and i moved here from California in Novemeber with our 19 month old and we just had a baby girl about a month ago, i am a stay at home mom and my husband is a helicopter mechanic for one of the hospitals. We have met some people through his work and a few neighbors but no one our age or with kids the same age. I love my kids and being home with them and my husband but i need to meet some new people, make some friends, hopefully find someone for my son to play with i feel bad cause he has like no interaction with kids his age :(

so anyone up for some conversation? :)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaZate
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM
I live in copperas cove. :) killern is super busy! Don't go anywhere at 9 am or 5 pm! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

bump for you-i'm over in el paso

gacgbaker
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Welcome!  I'm not in Texas, but just wanted to welcome you to the group!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

SOCO101
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:27 AM

I'm way up in the North East corner of Texas. But welcome!

sahm_of_rj
by Marisa on May. 3, 2012 at 5:44 AM
Hi :) a good friend of mine lives in Killeen and so does my grandfather. My. Friend's DH is military and she moves around quite a bit, she always finds a church right away to get active in and also a mops group. You could also look up your area on momsclub.org, they might have a m.o.m.s. group in your area. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM
OK awesome thankyou everyone! And nice to meet ya! :)
we've found a church but haven't gone lately cause were waiting for our daughter to get her shots, I'll definitely look into those groups though, thankyou :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lj.smommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Heres a bump. Im in Texas but Im way up in the north east part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrookeLynn93
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Quoting EmmaZate:

I live in copperas cove. :) killern is super busy! Don't go anywhere at 9 am or 5 pm! Lol

Ha, isn't that true. I choose to stay away from driving then, and if you go anywhere near the base (the roads that lead to the gates) stay away around 11:30 am and 12/1 pm! When the soldiers come out for lunch and go back it's a mad house! I went because I had a doctor's appointment on base and I left at 12:50 I didn't get to my appointment until 1:20(It's usally a 10 minute drive there) because the gate was backed up so bad! 

Motherhood is neither a duty nor a privilege, but simply the way that humanity can satisfy the desire for physical immortality and triumph over the fear of death. -Rebecca West
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM
If you're military join military mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I live in Cove. And you are so right. Between 3:30-5 it's a craZy out there.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)