Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dilemma! Go without dh or postpone the trip?

Posted by   + Show Post
So for a while now we have had a trip planned to go back to NOLA this month. We planned to go to have a birthday party for my ds with family and to go to my brothers wedding ( brother is in prison. Very small wedding obviously and they plan on having a ceremony after he gets out in 10 months).

Well some things have come up at work with my hubby and there is absolutely no way he will be able to take off work and go. So idk what to do! Either postpone our trip until next month or just go without him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM

That fun could be dangerous in this case...

Quoting arose74:

Just go without him! Take advantage and have some fun while you're on your trip. no husband around kinda fun :o)

Gastromama2007
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM
4 moms liked this
Jenna, I love you and all...but you, me & even a blind man see nothing good happening if you see glitterturd without hubby.

Postpone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arose74
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I don't know her situation... sounds like you do. I am in the "no husband" kinda fun mood! Trying to spread the joy. lol

JK JK

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting arose74:

Just go without him! Take advantage and have some fun while you're on your trip. no husband around kinda fun :o)

GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Oh I understand completely... lol

Quoting arose74:

I don't know her situation... sounds like you do. I am in the "no husband" kinda fun mood! Trying to spread the joy. lol

JK JK

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Quoting arose74:

504bbymami
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM
I would have plenty help with my kids as I will be staying with and surrounded by family.

I talked to dh about it and he is just as homesick as I am but he said he totally understand if I don't want to wait. I wanted to originally go for my bday in April, he couldn't so he said may and now new stuff at work has come up so it's getting pushed to June. He understands that I'm frustrated that plans keep changing

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Depends on how much help you will need managing the kid(s) during the trip and how he feels about it ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I think I would go alone. Its your family stuff. You need to be with your family. You can always have another party w your DH for your DS.... He can be there for the ceramony... Sometimes work just takes priority... 

504bbymami
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Yea my hubby is in the military so work is just about always the dang priority! Lol it gets frustrating

Quoting VictoriousTory:

I think I would go alone. Its your family stuff. You need to be with your family. You can always have another party w your DH for your DS.... He can be there for the ceramony... Sometimes work just takes priority... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM
I also have read more so I say no. Normally I would say go, but in this case do not do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Maybe just give it one more chance?

Quoting 504bbymami:

I would have plenty help with my kids as I will be staying with and surrounded by family.

I talked to dh about it and he is just as homesick as I am but he said he totally understand if I don't want to wait. I wanted to originally go for my bday in April, he couldn't so he said may and now new stuff at work has come up so it's getting pushed to June. He understands that I'm frustrated that plans keep changing

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Depends on how much help you will need managing the kid(s) during the trip and how he feels about it ?

VictoriousTory
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally forgot about the other man and that whole thing............ Just think about whats important to you... and use your best judgement! It doesn't mean you can't go see your family... and have a good time and make some memories!!! Keep yourself busy. :) It sucks your hubby can't be there!!! I completely understand tho! 

Quoting 504bbymami:

Yea my hubby is in the military so work is just about always the dang priority! Lol it gets frustrating

Quoting VictoriousTory:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)