Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Honestly, am I wrong to be pissed off...?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM
  • 35 Replies

My husband's cousin is getting married the end of next month, and my daughter is the flower girl. I just received the invitation in the mail, and accompanying it is a little card that states "Adults only reception".

I'm supposed to go to David's Bridal this weekend, and spend $99 on her dress, then go buy tights and shoes, for her to wear for about an hour, and she's not allowed at the reception.

Have you ever heard of such a thing?

I would assume that if you didn't want children at your reception (and the wedding and reception are at the same location) that you wouldn't include them in your bridal party.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Have you asked her if that included your DD?

MWV85
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM

this. i would ask.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Have you asked her if that included your DD?

skittlebeans88
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you at all. Where is she supposed to go after the wedding is over? I hope she doesn't expect her to just wait outside for it to be over lol. Kidding, but that just seems ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM

No, I literally just got the invitation in the mail. I plan to, because if she's not welcome at the reception, I'm not spending $100+ on a dress and shoes. That's ridiculous. No one else in our family has children (well, SIL is due in a few weeks) so I can't help but feel a bit singled out.

The groom's mother hosted my baby shower at her house, and I got the impression that they couldnt wait for us to leave (DD was 4 at the time) so they could party. And that's exactly what they did, when we left. This is not a kid friendly family. We married and started our family young (22), and all of hubby's cousins are just now getting married. It sucks, we're often excluded from things, because we have children.

Fields456
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I would call and ask her. Lots of ppl. Do kid free receptions.
Bit the kids in te wedding are an exception

But I'm with you I would not be spending that much money on her outfit if she isn't even included in the reception
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkxo
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd was in a wedding like this, it usually means kids not in the party. The kids in the party usually go to the reception for a little bit than leave. It's very common actually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM

This is the first wedding I'll attend as a guest, and not party of the bridal party, but none of those were adults only receptions.

And I don't mind adults only receptions, that's fine, but excluding your own flower girls seems really rude.

I'll call her after she gets off work.

stellarmom1
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I don't mind adult only receptions. I would think that wouldn't include the wedding party though. Give them a call before you get too upset!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I would ask before assuming - that invitation went out to ALL guests. Usually doesn't pertain to the bridal party.

Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I just texted her, waiting for a reply...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)