Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honestly, am I wrong to be pissed off...?

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband's cousin is getting married the end of next month, and my daughter is the flower girl. I just received the invitation in the mail, and accompanying it is a little card that states "Adults only reception".

I'm supposed to go to David's Bridal this weekend, and spend $99 on her dress, then go buy tights and shoes, for her to wear for about an hour, and she's not allowed at the reception.

Have you ever heard of such a thing?

I would assume that if you didn't want children at your reception (and the wedding and reception are at the same location) that you wouldn't include them in your bridal party.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
Roxygurl
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM
My cousins wedding was adult only but the kids in the wedding were invited and welcome at the reception. I'm sure that's what they meant, other kids not yours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM

The "Adults only reception" was printed on a separate card, inside the envelope. We've already discussed that I was going to get a sitter for our son (his bedtime is at the start of the reception), so it seems weird that they would include that, already knowing that he wouldn't be attending. I just sent a text, we'll see what she says. 

Quoting sreichelt26:

I would ask before assuming - that invitation went out to ALL guests. Usually doesn't pertain to the bridal party.

sreichelt26
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I get what you're saying, but usually invitations are stuffed all at once and then addressed all at once, not done one at a time. 

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

The "Adults only reception" was printed on a separate card, inside the envelope. We've already discussed that I was going to get a sitter for our son (his bedtime is at the start of the reception), so it seems weird that they would include that, already knowing that he wouldn't be attending. I just sent a text, we'll see what she says. 

Quoting sreichelt26:

I would ask before assuming - that invitation went out to ALL guests. Usually doesn't pertain to the bridal party.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I would be upset as well. Hope she doesn't mean your daughter.

TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Child free receptions are usually pretty popular, but I don't blme you for not wanting to shell out the money that way.

R3G1N4_L0V3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM

you have a right to be pissed off, its like what does she expect you to do spend all that money then to also have to find child care for your daughter while your at the wedding. I would see what she thinks you should do with your daughter and decided from there if you really want to have your daughter in the wedding party. It mite not be worth your time and money. Good Luck! =)

kjbennett26
by Kate on May. 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I would be pissed and my daughter would be in the wedding party after they ask me to spend 100 on a dress for an hour

later.tater
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM
bump for update?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Some of my favorite memories of my wedding reception are of the flower girls and ring bearer- including the 3yr old boy screaming "CAAAAKE!!!" And running over to us as we cut it hahahaha! Some adorable pix
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Aka they're missing out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)