Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Honestly, am I wrong to be pissed off...?

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband's cousin is getting married the end of next month, and my daughter is the flower girl. I just received the invitation in the mail, and accompanying it is a little card that states "Adults only reception".

I'm supposed to go to David's Bridal this weekend, and spend $99 on her dress, then go buy tights and shoes, for her to wear for about an hour, and she's not allowed at the reception.

Have you ever heard of such a thing?

I would assume that if you didn't want children at your reception (and the wedding and reception are at the same location) that you wouldn't include them in your bridal party.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM
I agree ask. My sisters wedding is no kids -except the wedding party.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Have you asked her if that included your DD?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

She responded, Lydia IS welcome at the reception, and her young cousins will be there as well, so Lydia will not be the only child. Apparently the adults only deal is a budget move. Glad that's sorted out =)

moosesmom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM

well that was easy :-)

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

She responded, Lydia IS welcome at the reception, and her young cousins will be there as well, so Lydia will not be the only child. Apparently the adults only deal is a budget move. Glad that's sorted out =)

kattu
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Common or not, it seems rude and inconsiderate.

Quoting Binkxo:

My dd was in a wedding like this, it usually means kids not in the party. The kids in the party usually go to the reception for a little bit than leave. It's very common actually.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Agreed. Maybe thered be an exception for her but then again, i dont think children belond at receptions..all the drunk people and everything. Not really a great environment.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Not all receptions are full of drunk people. Mine wasn't.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

Agreed. Maybe thered be an exception for her but then again, i dont think children belond at receptions..all the drunk people and everything. Not really a great environment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
It's a sit down dinner, we'll leave after dinner is over.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poietes
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Good, glad you figured it out.

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Most the ones I've known of or been to had a ton of drunk guests once the drinking and dancing started. Which I don't see a problem with,just not kid friendly.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Not all receptions are full of drunk people. Mine wasn't.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:44 PM
That makes sense :) enjoy!

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

It's a sit down dinner, we'll leave after dinner is over.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)