Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I dont get it !

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

If a wife and husband decide from the get go that she is going to be a stay at home mom, why does he later on bitch about it?? I've seen post responses etc on Cm and actually had conversations with sahm and their husbands make snide comments or complains. Saying things like "im make the money I make the rules", or all you do is stay home all day , or being a sahm isn't that hard things like that. I mean I dont understand why they get so bent out of shape if it was a joint decision. 

twin girls baby boyMy day is NEVER boring in love expecting boy

by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrs.miller89
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I don't either. I feel bad a lot of days because I'm not contributing any money and some days due to a thyroid problem I'm too tired to get any housework done. But DH never complains and always tells me he understands when I can't do a lot and is glad that I get to spend a lot of time with DD. I guess maybe some husbands don't realize they'll have a problem with it until after they've made the decision?

CafeMom Tickers
RoxyJI
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Weird. I make the money and DH stays home... I feel bad because sometimes I feel like he does more work than me. Actually he does.

staying home is MUCH more work. I have done that too.

2timezthefun
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Quoting mrs.miller89:

I don't either. I feel bad a lot of days because I'm not contributing any money and some days due to a thyroid problem I'm too tired to get any housework done. But DH never complains and always tells me he understands when I can't do a lot and is glad that I get to spend a lot of time with DD. I guess maybe some husbands don't realize they'll have a problem with it until after they've made the decision?

Idk maybe that is the case. My dh always tell me what a great job Im doing and how he's glad I get to spend so much time with the kids. Right now my mil is here helping but thats because im on bedrest. Even with 2 kids that are 15 months and  1 13 months (adopted) he'll even take 2 days off at a time to help me incase I feel overwhelmed. 

VictoriousTory
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM

haters gonna hate!!!!!!!!!!! 

lol :) They are just jealous. But if they had to do what we did all the time they would see it isn't as awesome as they think. 

TempestRayne
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM

No idea.

2timezthefun
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting VictoriousTory:

lol :) They are just jealous. But if they had to do what we did all the time they would see it isn't as awesome as they think. 

exactly but round of applause for the husbands/dads that actually get it 

VictoriousTory
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I am sooooooooooooo lucky that mine does!! He is gonna be put to the ultimate test when I have my spinal surgery next month. I know he will pass with flying colors. :) 

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting VictoriousTory:

2timezthefun
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Quoting VictoriousTory:

I am sooooooooooooo lucky that mine does!! He is gonna be put to the ultimate test when I have my spinal surgery next month. I know he will pass with flying colors. :) 

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting VictoriousTory:

mine is doing great with his work schedule especially since im on bedrest 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN