Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What else does this mean?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm doing a bit research on the planet Saturn. I'm addicted to Sailor Moon, and have found out via Sailor Moon, that the planet Saturn is known for meaning destruction, devastation, death, and rebirth. I'm trying to find out what else it means, but everything I pull up says the same thing. Roman gods, telling about where the symbol came from and what the symbol means. I already knew all that. 

I need some help, if you guys could help. If you know any links to anything ( I've already Googled myself to death ), please do tell or post the link to it.

There is no reason for my researching this, just something for me to do, I love to learn about things and this is my newest passion, I guess you could say.

Once again, thanks.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
maryjmom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM

BUMP!

TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

No clue, but I have to say that the song "One week" popped in to my head when I read this

"Gotta get in tune with sailor moon/ cuz that cartoon/ has got the BOOM anime babes that make me think the wrong thing"

maryjmom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM

BUMP!

cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:43 PM

there may not be any other "meanings" persay, i mean, yhou can start looking up like actual scientific stuff on it. like start with "facts about saturn" and go from there. follow the links they give you

maryjmom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Okay.

I'm actually looking for 4 certain words describing Saturn. You already know about my Saturn tattoo on my shoulder, and I want to get it more detailed, so I want to get 4 words that describe Saturn around my tattoo. I know one of the words I want is Destruction, but I can't figure out what 3 more good ones would be. I want one more long word for the bottom, and 2 small words for the sides.

Quoting cowboysgirl2810:

there may not be any other "meanings" persay, i mean, yhou can start looking up like actual scientific stuff on it. like start with "facts about saturn" and go from there. follow the links they give you

Gealach
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM
It looks like your 4 words are
destruction, devastation, death, and rebirth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Saturn
Saturn Symbol Glyph

Saturn, is the ruler of Capricorn. In Greek Mythology, Cronus was one of the Titans, and the father of Zeus. Cronus ate his children to prevent himself from being dethroned as the King of the Gods. That is, until his wife, Rhea, tricked him into swallowing a stone when Zeus was born.

In astrology, Saturn is associated with restriction and limitation. Where Jupiter expands, Saturn constricts. Although the themes of Saturn seem depressing, Saturn brings structure and meaning to our world. Saturn knows the limits of time and matter. Saturn reminds us of our boundaries, our responsibilities, and our commitments. It brings definition to our lives. Saturn makes us aware of the need for self-control and of boundaries and our limits.

Saturn is often associated with our fathers or father/authority figures. In childhood, the discipline, rules, and regulations imposed on us by our authority figures--from parents, teachers, and the like--were not always pleasant, but they actually helped us to understand the world around us. Similarly, Saturn's lessons actually help us to grow.

In the chart, the position of Saturn by sign and house reveals our own limitations, fears, and sense of responsibility. Saturn brings definition, and often limitation, to the planets it aspects.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I know and I like those words, but I just wanted to see if there are any more out there that describe Saturn. I like having alot of choices and options. 

I thought devastation and destruction are pretty much the same thing?

Btw, thanks for the first reply of yours. That's the most info I've seen on it all day.

Quoting Gealach:

It looks like your 4 words are
destruction, devastation, death, and rebirth.

cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM

maybe google "celestial meaning" or "astrological meaning" of saturn... the scientific stuff may  lead to results too... just read through soe and it may give descriptive words of the planet you can use directly, or for inspriation... if that makes sense...

Quoting maryjmom:

Okay.

I'm actually looking for 4 certain words describing Saturn. You already know about my Saturn tattoo on my shoulder, and I want to get it more detailed, so I want to get 4 words that describe Saturn around my tattoo. I know one of the words I want is Destruction, but I can't figure out what 3 more good ones would be. I want one more long word for the bottom, and 2 small words for the sides.

Quoting cowboysgirl2810:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)