Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Health Question!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, so I am almost 5 months postpartum emergency c-section. I had the Spinal. Every since then I have had horrible lower back pain and tailbone pain. I went to the urgent care last Friday and the doctor said that my pelvic bone has not grown back together like it is suppose to be at 5 months postpartum. I have inflammation in between my bones. He wants me to do Physical Therapy, and my appointment is for Friday morning. Has anyone ever had this to happen and if so did you do physical therapy, and did it help, if not what were the next steps??? I also had the mirena inserted in February, i don't know if that could be contributing to this issue or not??

Thanks!!

baby boytoddler tantrumtoddler boyin love

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mymommasgirl
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm no help but I did want to add that I got the epidural & I still had pain in my back when I bend over or I guess stoop to low to pick up my baby but over the months it completely went away that was over 4yrs ago so I'm not exactly sure when it went away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Ouch!  I'm sorry to hear about all the pain- I've never experienced it, but I hope the physical therapy helps you!

SOCO101
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:57 AM

IDK, mama. I didn't have a c-section, but did get an epidural. I still have back pain occasionally. My little girl is 18 month. But the pain is not nearly as bad as what your's sounds like. 

LancesMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs! Hope it goes well for you!

Charliesmommy11
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I had horrible SPD with my pregnancy and also had an emergency c section and still have pain and its a year later. What my OB told me was that for us women who's bones seperate more than average a vaginal birth actually helps realignment of the pelivic structure and also it usually brakes the tail bone cartilage and since your not pregnant anymore all can heal back to they way it was before pregnancy unless of course you get pregnant again within 6 months or so. So for us because we had c sections the healing process is interupted and or prolonged. I cannot for the life of me remember what they are called but its like a Bella band except tighter that you wear around your hips to help bring things back together so try that along with the PT and if your not getting any relief in a couple weeks try getting in with an orthopedic doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaysea2012
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM

See the thing is i was pregnant for 3 years (basically) only had a one month break in between, i got pregnant with my first son on the pill, and lost his twin at 6 weeks, then they told me i wasn't pregnant anymore a week later i returned for an ultrasound and sure enough there was a heartbeat. I went on to deliver him at 38 weeks due to preeclampsia. My second son was conceived basically because i wanted to try for a girl, however, that did not happen. He decided to come on his own at 36 weeks. He was in the NICU for a week.. My third son who will be 5 months old on the 7th, was a huge surprise. We found out we were pregnant with him on April 1st, 2011. I had an okay pregnancy with him, i was on stress tests for the last 11 weeks of my pregnancy. Then one day i went to the doctor because he wasn't moving like he was suppose to, they done the stress test and every time he'd kick his heart rate would stay the same. They wanted to send me for an ultrasound and the u/s showed the same thing, he would move but his heart rate wouldn't go up. So they admitted me to the hospital at 36 weeks. They induced me with the cervidil, i started having contractions at about 10pm, so they gave me morphine for the pain. Next thing I know, I am being woke up by the nurse saying they need to do a c-section because he was having heart d-cells. I panicked. I told them "hey y'all just gave me a freaking dose of morphine, he's probably asleep give him some time!!!" but they went against my wishes and forced me to do a c-section, even though i was hysterical and crying and shaking like crazy ( because i was containing my anger ). He was born at 2:59am weighing 4lbs 11oz. The nurses said he was perfectly healthy except for his weight. He was later diagnosed with TTN (fluid in the lungs) that was one main reason for him to be in the NICU because he had to have o2. If it weren't for that I would've been able to keep him in my room with me. He went home with me the day i was released, (4 days pp).

I had the mirena inserted in February and i have really regretted it. I have had horrible pregnancy symptoms but not pregnant. I have took 8 to 10 tests and each have been negative.  Then on top of it all of this. It has been rough, but i guess it's my fault from being pregnant for sooo long. I know I have just got to give it time, but i figured 5 months would be long enough!!! :(

Kaidynn (2), Riley (1), Chandler (5months)

2 angel babies ^!^ ^!^

baby boytoddler tantrumtoddler boyin lovesids ribbonproud preemie mommy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)