Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I just saw on the news that a woman has been giving her daughter a shot since 7 years old to push off puberty. Her daughter is now 9. Is this something you would consider or do? I don't know if it's the same for boys, they didn't mention that.

I don't know how I feel about this at the moment but am interested in your answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (41-43):
haydensmom4610
by Jess on May. 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I have a hard time believing an insurance comapny would pay for those shots if there isn't a medical reason.

There's no way I woud do that. That could cause soo many problems. Unless it was medically necessary, of course.

miller060905
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM
If one of my children started showing signs before the age of 10 or 11 then yes, I would consider it! It was hard enough for me at age 12..... I can't imagine trying to explain all this to my almost 7 yr old any time in the next couple years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I was told not to get pregant. My sil was told go to the library. She had no idea why she was bleeding the librarian told her.

Quoting SpurgeonMom:

It was hard for me because I was uneduated, I had the talk with my oldest so she is prepared at any time. That's all girls need is to be educated not monthly shots

Quoting misslady80013:

Yeah, that's right, maybe I should change the title. Wow! I didn't start until much later.

Quoting SpurgeonMom:

I read about it hell no. all its supposed to do it delay puberty. Girls are starting in 1st grade. My daughter is 7 and showing signs I started when I was 8. No I wouldn't give her a shot

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)