Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I just saw on the news that a woman has been giving her daughter a shot since 7 years old to push off puberty. Her daughter is now 9. Is this something you would consider or do? I don't know if it's the same for boys, they didn't mention that.

I don't know how I feel about this at the moment but am interested in your answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Shermy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

It seems intresting that the insurance would cover something like that just for funsies. 

misslady80013
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I know huh? I was surprised to hear their insurance covers these shots!

Quoting Shermy:

It seems intresting that the insurance would cover something like that just for funsies. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I so would have gotten that shot when I was younger! Sorry but starting your period at 10 doesn't make for a great childhood..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Oh wow! I didn't get mine until 14.

Quoting Aadensma:

I so would have gotten that shot when I was younger! Sorry but starting your period at 10 doesn't make for a great childhood..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never intervene with my child's inner workings..if it is meant to happen,it will.

Aadensma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
It sucked so bad :( I didn't feel like a kid anymore. My hormones/emotions were all outta whack. My first 5 years were horrible. I would get so sick everytime and throw up. I had to hope that any plans I had didn't fall on my period.

Quoting misslady80013:

Quoting Aadensma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM
That does sound rough. Sorry. :-(

Quoting Aadensma:

It sucked so bad :( I didn't feel like a kid anymore. My hormones/emotions were all outta whack. My first 5 years were horrible. I would get so sick everytime and throw up. I had to hope that any plans I had didn't fall on my period.

Quoting misslady80013:

Quoting Aadensma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
But the chance of a pedo targeting YOUR child is extremely slim. my thing is, people need to stop "playinh god",you know

Quoting misslady80013:

I am on the fence. On one hand, I do think that's find of young and pedophiles is already a problem. More very young girls with more mature bodies may make this problem worse. You know what I mean?

I also understand the "Let nature take it's course." side. I would need more info. I have a son though.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Thats abuse, imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Um, no. That's a recipe for disaster. I don't believe in messing with hormones at that age at all (barring major medical issues).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlocsgirl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Disgusting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN