Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I just saw on the news that a woman has been giving her daughter a shot since 7 years old to push off puberty. Her daughter is now 9. Is this something you would consider or do? I don't know if it's the same for boys, they didn't mention that.

I don't know how I feel about this at the moment but am interested in your answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
misslady80013
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Yes, I understand that.

Quoting lilmomma22487:

I started my period at 9. I was the only girl in my 4th grade class wearing an actual bra and not just an undershirt or "training bra". Then when I was in 6th or 7th grade I was the only girl in my class who had to take her pocketbook to the bathroom every month if you know what I mean. It was a big deal to me then, but girls start earlier now a days (most of my friends didn't start their periods til high school). I don't think it will be a big deal when my DD starts hers because there is already a girl in her class (2nd grade) and her mom said she started her period last month. I think you should just let nature take its course! If she is gonna start, let it come. And if she is a late bloomer just make sure she is educated so she can at least fake the period talk in the girls locker room. LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Right! I have no idea about the side effects or long term effects from taking these shots. I wouldn't either but understnad both sides, you know what I mean? Wow! 11?! How is that going for ya? My son is only 3 weeks so my biggest thing is getting enough rest right now, lol.

Quoting JMKristy:

hmmm... i wonder how healthy that is for her child?!?! What are the long term affects? I have an 11 year old son who is starting to hit puberty... i can promise this is NOT A WALK IN THE PARK!!!!!! The attitude and emotion I am seeing is something else, so, jokingly yes, I would LOVE to delay this phase! LMAO!! But on a serious side, no freaking way would I inject whatever hormone or chemical she is into my child! That is ludicrous!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Great answer!

Quoting SB2217:

I think its crazy! I have 2 girls and although its going to be a while before they hit puberty (they are 2.5 and 4m) whenever that may be, I'm not putting hormones in her bodies to delay it. Who knows what kind of long terms effects that will have? If their body is "ready" then so be it. I'll make sure they are educated about the changes in her bodies as well as all that comes with puberty.

I got my period at 11, my mom started getting me ready much earlier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Yes, I completely agree with you.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Keeping a child underdeveloped just changes the type of pedophile that would be interested in them. There are plenty of pedophiles that prefer their victims prepubescent.

Quoting misslady80013:

You are absolutely right and I agree with you. I am more on the just let it happen because obviously it was suppose to happen at that time, but I kind of understand the other side too. You know what I mean?

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

But the chance of a pedo targeting YOUR child is extremely slim. my thing is, people need to stop "playinh god",you know

Quoting misslady80013:

I am on the fence. On one hand, I do think that's find of young and pedophiles is already a problem. More very young girls with more mature bodies may make this problem worse. You know what I mean?

I also understand the "Let nature take it's course." side. I would need more info. I have a son though.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Thats abuse, imo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephy_85
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
This is not true at all! I didn't hit 92 pounds until I was in high school but started my period the summer before 6th grade when I was 11. I had several other friends at the time who were very slim as well and started their periods before 92lbs.

Quoting lolasoul:

IMO, that is completely stupid!

Let nature take its course! A girl will not go into puberty till they are at least 92 pounds (as from what DD's pediatrician tells me) so my thought is let mother nature do what she must!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh i do. But on the other side of the pedo thing, a pedo is a pedo is a pedo puperty or none

Quoting misslady80013:

You are absolutely right and I agree with you. I am more on the just let it happen because obviously it was suppose to happen at that time, but I kind of understand the other side too. You know what I mean?

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

But the chance of a pedo targeting YOUR child is extremely slim. my thing is, people need to stop "playinh god",you know

Quoting misslady80013:

I am on the fence. On one hand, I do think that's find of young and pedophiles is already a problem. More very young girls with more mature bodies may make this problem worse. You know what I mean?

I also understand the "Let nature take it's course." side. I would need more info. I have a son though.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Thats abuse, imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

No way

megangary
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

No I wouldn't. I started puberty early too. So did my mom. I think that's child abuse.

maximami
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

no unles for a medical reason and it better be a good one. We all grow!

metalmommaof3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM
No i dont think id do that to either of my girls im going to let their bodies do what they were ment to do when ever their body feels its time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN