Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

22 & engaged?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM
  • 134 Replies
I'm 22 & My fiancé is 25, we have 1 child and getting married soon. Has anyone got married this young & it worked? My parents did & they we're married 21 years but now this day & age I wonder because I'm so excited, I can't wait till our wedding day
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Avetay
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I got married at 21. Dh was 24. This summer will be 5 years we have been married. We have been together 9 years and now have 2 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Worthen
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I got married at 21
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Got married at 19.

Celebrate 3 yrs of marriage on Friday.

HannahLee87
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 20.... November will make 5 years and we've been together 8 years :) and we're happy as can be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I got married at 18 and my husband was 21 it was 2 years in March but to this day we've never fought, he's my best friend and we have 2 beautiful children together. It's still early but as long as you're both in it for the right reasons and willing to work through the struggles, you'll make it :) my mom got married at 18 my dad was 23 and they're still together :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbrizzee
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM
I turned 20 a month after getting married. We have been married 5 years now we are very happy and will have baby number 2 any day now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliza04
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
You can make a marriage work as long as both partners are willing to work on making it work. The moment you and/or your partner no longer are willing to put in the effort, time, and feelings into your marriage thats qhen it can fall apart. I have seen couples that love each other still have a marriage that fails because they thought it took only love, they still loved each other after it ended but still couldn't be together because they could handle the work. This is all barring any physical/emotional abuse kind of thing thats all totally different. There will always be trials, troubles, and hard times that come around its being able to work together and pulling together building each other up that make it through. Just remember its not going to be easy and always first rate and prepare yourself for something that will take maintaning and fixing here and there. Married at the age of 20 almost 8 years, parents married 33 (mom was 21), and grandparents married over 50 (grandma was 16) each has said the samething.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kornkid52006
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM
I was 19 and hubby was 25 when we got married I was also 6 months pregnant with our DD when we tied the not and we've been married a little over 6 years we knew eachother a year then got married it has not been easy but we have made it if you think your ready then go for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnvplus2
by Valerie on May. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I got married to my dh at 22. We have been together for 6 years. Our 4 year wedding anniversary is in 13 days. :) still going strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aidensmommy92
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM
I had my baby at 19 and I jusr got married and am 19 your not to youn:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)