Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I'm 22 & My fiancé is 25, we have 1 child and getting married soon. Has anyone got married this young & it worked? My parents did & they we're married 21 years but now this day & age I wonder because I'm so excited, I can't wait till our wedding day
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
sreichelt26
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM
we got married a couple months before 21. Just celebrated 4 years last week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PocahontasPrtty
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Quoting coupon_ash_back:

we have alot of support & I have a sister but we aren't close like I would like but as long as we have our support team im happy :)
LovingJayMom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I'm engaged too and I'm terrified that my marriage won't work because people don't seem to respect marriage anymore!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akeelia
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Oh forget other people. As long as your husband and yourself respect your own marriage, you should not be scared. My hubby had girls hit on him though they see the ring on the finger, and it shows no respect but he respects our marriage an tell hoes to kick rocks. An it goes both ways. So with that love and respect throughout your marriage, you'll be fine. Congrats to you both.

Quoting LovingJayMom:

I'm engaged too and I'm terrified that my marriage won't work because people don't seem to respect marriage anymore!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaelle88
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:24 AM
I got married at 19.... didn't work out tho.... he had passed away :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dancedance432
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

I married my DH at 19. We have been through really really tough times, and have truly been through good times and bad. And we have been by each other sides through sickness and health. I wouldn't have it any other way it made us very strong and we now have an unbreakabble bond. We will be married 3 years in October. I know I was young, but I was ready and mature. To me, marriage is a sacred vow, and one I would not take if I were to have any doubts. 

If you are ready to get married, then you should do it. Just make sure and really think about what you are getting into. This is a lifetime commitment, one that should be taken seriously. Good luck with everything and I wish you the best :)

504bbymami
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 3:31 AM
That's not young to get married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CartersMomma11
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:56 AM
I'm 21 my fiancé is also 21. We will be getting married soon. I can't wait. We've been together over 5years.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 3, 2012 at 3:59 AM
I was 20 and dh was 23. I already had a 3yo dd from a previous relationship. We will celebrate our 9th anniversary next month. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlMama0508
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM
I was 17 and DH was 19. We just celebrated our 7 year anniversary the beginning of April. We have 3 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN