Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

no joshy cant stay and play

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM
  • 12 Replies
dh went to his sisters house for a bit, she lives close, so not a big deal if I do need him and he usually leaves for work at 9 so Im usually on my own anyway. He says he thinks he will be back about 10 or 11, again no problem and ds is already asleep so just means alone time for me. So a few min ago I get a text from my SIL asking if he can stay longer she just got home. He has his own phone I dont care if he stays just grow up and call me to say you want to stay later, dont have your sister do it. So no, joshy cannot stay and play until he can grow up and talk to me himself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoxyJI
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:31 PM
O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jimi2626
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm just the fact that he has to ask permission at all I'd really sad..its funny that you say he needs to grow up and be a man but yet you expect him to ask permission.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM
She didn't say she wanted him to ask, she wanted him to man up and just call her and say "hey my sil just got here so I'm staying a little longer"

Quoting jimi2626:

Umm just the fact that he has to ask permission at all I'd really sad..its funny that you say he needs to grow up and be a man but yet you expect him to ask permission.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentonGirl
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha thats funny. Thats something my friends and i use to do as teens when we wanted to do something and was afraid our parents would say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Quoting RoxyJI:

O.o

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jimi2626
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Well obviously he feels like he needs to ask or SIL wouldn't have done it in the first place...what if he didn't know she was doing it?

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

She didn't say she wanted him to ask, she wanted him to man up and just call her and say "hey my sil just got here so I'm staying a little longer"

Quoting jimi2626:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM

It's respectful to let your so know what's going on. Instead of being 5 and asking your friend, in this case sister, to tell op what's going on.

Quoting jimi2626:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

aidyns_mommy
by Morgan on May. 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
To me & my df there is a difference between asking "permission" like as in a trust issue & asking out of respect because maybe the other person has something to do etc. Just saying its not always sad/bad to call & let your other half know & even let them say "hey babe id rather you come home." communication... just saying.

Quoting jimi2626:

Well obviously he feels like he needs to ask or SIL wouldn't have done it in the first place...what if he didn't know she was doing it?

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Quoting jimi2626:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
umm, I dont know where I ever said he has to ask permission. When he goes somewhere he has the courtesy to tell me where he is going and about when he will return. If he is going to be late then he generally calls to say so, not ask, just make it known. Sorry my husband isnt a total d bag who comes and goes as he wants with no mention of where he will be or when I may see him again.

Quoting jimi2626:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Exactly. It is about showing respect. My husband calls so I don't get worried about him or think something happened. He also calls to make sure I didn't have plans or need his help with something. I call so he knows what is going on.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

To me & my df there is a difference between asking "permission" like as in a trust issue & asking out of respect because maybe the other person has something to do etc. Just saying its not always sad/bad to call & let your other half know & even let them say "hey babe id rather you come home." communication... just saying.

Quoting jimi2626:

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Quoting jimi2626:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)