Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no joshy cant stay and play

Posted by   + Show Post
dh went to his sisters house for a bit, she lives close, so not a big deal if I do need him and he usually leaves for work at 9 so Im usually on my own anyway. He says he thinks he will be back about 10 or 11, again no problem and ds is already asleep so just means alone time for me. So a few min ago I get a text from my SIL asking if he can stay longer she just got home. He has his own phone I dont care if he stays just grow up and call me to say you want to stay later, dont have your sister do it. So no, joshy cannot stay and play until he can grow up and talk to me himself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Replies (11-12):
aidyns_mommy
by Morgan on May. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Yup! And OP said her LO was asleep, but when I am home with DS or he Is home with DS we most certainly call before going out or staying later than expected for

1. Ds loves his mommy & daddy. If daddy is there for however long he wants mommy. He doesn't whine or anything but if I can be there I will come home Kwim? And vice versa with df.

2. Every mommy and daddy need a break sometimes I love my son but after a 12 hour day with him & 2 other kids I babysit. Sometimes not always I don't want df going anywhere but home after work or whatever & he doesn't feel like im punishing him. He understands because he has those days too!!

I guess it only makes since if you are a in 2 way relationship with communication...

Quoting TexasWife:

Exactly. It is about showing respect. My husband calls so I don't get worried about him or think something happened. He also calls to make sure I didn't have plans or need his help with something. I call so he knows what is going on.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

To me & my df there is a difference between asking "permission" like as in a trust issue & asking out of respect because maybe the other person has something to do etc. Just saying its not always sad/bad to call & let your other half know & even let them say "hey babe id rather you come home." communication... just saying.

Quoting jimi2626:

Well obviously he feels like he needs to ask or SIL wouldn't have done it in the first place...what if he didn't know she was doing it?

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

She didn't say she wanted him to ask, she wanted him to man up and just call her and say "hey my sil just got here so I'm staying a little longer"

Quoting jimi2626:

Umm just the fact that he has to ask permission at all I'd really sad..its funny that you say he needs to grow up and be a man but yet you expect him to ask permission.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM
thats the point I was trying to make. I just thought it was silly of him to have his sister text and ask permission instead of talking to me about being late like we usually do. I also know that if I needed help like my son was sick or bratty or not wanting to go to bed that I could tell him I could use some help and he would be glad to come home and help.

Quoting TexasWife:

Exactly. It is about showing respect. My husband calls so I don't get worried about him or think something happened. He also calls to make sure I didn't have plans or need his help with something. I call so he knows what is going on.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

To me & my df there is a difference between asking "permission" like as in a trust issue & asking out of respect because maybe the other person has something to do etc. Just saying its not always sad/bad to call & let your other half know & even let them say "hey babe id rather you come home." communication... just saying.

Quoting jimi2626:

Well obviously he feels like he needs to ask or SIL wouldn't have done it in the first place...what if he didn't know she was doing it?

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

She didn't say she wanted him to ask, she wanted him to man up and just call her and say "hey my sil just got here so I'm staying a little longer"

Quoting jimi2626:

Umm just the fact that he has to ask permission at all I'd really sad..its funny that you say he needs to grow up and be a man but yet you expect him to ask permission.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)