Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

WOW!!! Some of the things you can diy....

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM
  • 35 Replies

How do you feel about being able to go to walmart.com and ordering diy paternity tests, std tests, drug tests, and breathalizers?  (all except for the breathalizers would have to be sent to a lab for analysis)   I personally think that if  you have that big of a problem with drugs sex and alcohol that you have to go out and buy these things you should seek some help...

Paternity Test:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Identigene-DNA-Paternity-Test-Kit/15940146

STD Test:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Identigene-STD-Test-Kit/15136183?findingMethod=rr

Drug Test:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/5-panel-Drug-Test/15423528?findingMethod=rr

Breathalizer:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/AlcoHawk-Slim-Digital-Breath-Alcohol-Tester/5969495?findingMethod=rr#Item+Description

by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaiVal
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Drug tests are good for parents... If they suspect anything with their kids (talking about teens).

MorganCandy666
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM
That's just weird.
You can go any where for a pregnancy test. Why would you need to order a std and drug test,if they have places you can go? The breathalyzer is stupid you should know how much your drinking if not, there is a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treaH
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, my husband is a recovering drug addict who's been sober for 6 months, but being able to buy those tests gives me a little piece of mind. Even though i know they'll be negative but being able to see it makes me feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitlynn18
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:49 AM

True... I never thought of that...   I would hate to have to resort to that though  :(

Quoting MaiVal:

Drug tests are good for parents... If they suspect anything with their kids (talking about teens).

kitlynn18
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM

its a paternity as in who is the father of your child as for the std and drug tests it is to save you the embarrassment of having to go to a clinic and you can do it in the privacy of your own home 

Quoting MorganCandy666:

That's just weird.
You can go any where for a pregnancy test. Why would you need to order a std and drug test,if they have places you can go? The breathalyzer is stupid you should know how much your drinking if not, there is a problem.

kitlynn18
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM

another good point.  also congrats to your husband :)

Quoting treaH:

Well, my husband is a recovering drug addict who's been sober for 6 months, but being able to buy those tests gives me a little piece of mind. Even though i know they'll be negative but being able to see it makes me feel better.

MaiVal
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:00 AM

My sisters (twins) started meth at 14. They are 23 now and still on it... I hate how many drugs there are and how easily kids can get them... Scary.

Quoting kitlynn18:

True... I never thought of that...   I would hate to have to resort to that though  :(

Quoting MaiVal:

CafeMom Tickers
KZ_MoMmA
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Walmart.com also sales burial caskets!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitlynn18
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM

wow thats awful... it is scary...  do they even want to quit?

Quoting MaiVal:

My sisters (twins) started meth at 14. They are 23 now and still on it... I hate how many drugs there are and how easily kids can get them... Scary.

Quoting kitlynn18:

Quoting MaiVal:

kitlynn18
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM

really? well i guess walmart really does sell everything lol

Quoting KZ_MoMmA:

Walmart.com also sales burial caskets!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)