Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

When will she walk????

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 34 Replies

DD recently hit the 1yr mark. She started crawling at 7mo. She has been advanced in everything. She stands up on her own (since 9mo) , she walks along the furnature (since 10mo) but she wont walk on her own!!! Is she being lazy? Is there something wrong with her? What's going on? When did your kids start walking?

devil mini A closed Mouth Don't get fedangel mini

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

She is still in the normal range for not walking on her own.  Does she have a walking toy she can push for support?  Just let her develop on her own speed and once she starts moving you will want her to slow down.

sbell719
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
She is doing just fine and will walk when she is ready. Both of my kids started walking at 13 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by Rain on May. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
When she is ready.

All four of mine were different.

Granted they all walked before a year , but I know babies that didn't and are fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

8-18 months is the normal range for walking...She has plenty of time to get going.

navybeauty88
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
My son started walking a week before he turned one. One of friend's daughters didn't start until she was about 13-14 months. Each child is different. She will start walking in due time. Not all kids walk by age one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
my oldest and middle didnt walk til they were 17 months. just keep working with her and dont stress :) she'll get it soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy053008
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
My oldest didnt start til 14 mths my youngest is 11 mths and hasnt yet :-) you still have time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Amber on May. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM
My daughter is 1 yr and she's just beginning to walk, she's very unsteady.. And my son didn't walk until he was about 16/17 months old..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsPancake
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd just stared walking on her own and she just turned 1 April 12th. My son wouldn't walk without help though so I tricked him and stuck 2 clothes pins in his hands and let him go!!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM

She still has plenty of time before you even need to think about being worried. One of mine walked at 16 months, one at 10 months, and one at 9 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)