Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

DD recently hit the 1yr mark. She started crawling at 7mo. She has been advanced in everything. She stands up on her own (since 9mo) , she walks along the furnature (since 10mo) but she wont walk on her own!!! Is she being lazy? Is there something wrong with her? What's going on? When did your kids start walking?

devil mini A closed Mouth Don't get fedangel mini

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Candace8609
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
my 1st ds didnt walk till 16 months. hes perfectly fine and very smart now for only being 2.5 years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My DD was the same as you described, she started walking about 13 months! Nothing wrong with her! She's just not ready! TAKE ADVANTAGE! Lol! Once she starts your gonna be wishing she took longer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM

DS walked at 9.5 months, dd at 10.5.  your dd is fine.  She will walk when she is ready.  My dh didnt walk til he was 15 months.  Crawling is very good for baby, it helps to develop their sensory ......sorry having a brain fart here....anyway, the more crawling your lo does, the better off she will be.

try4baby20
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM
My dd was the same way and didn't actually walk until 15mo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

My son started walking only 2 weeks before his 1st birthday. I didn't walk until I was 14 months...but my mom said I knew how to walk and chose not to until one day I really wanted something and my walker got stuck so I picked it up and walked with it lol.

laurenb1
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM
My ds didn't walk til 15 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annismom10
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Up to 18 mo is considered normal! I undrtstand tho, i stressed every day. My anni was premature (2mo.) &walked at 14 mo. So try not worry, if youre thinking about what they aren't doing you don't see what they are <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemom1988
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

my son crawled early, but didnt start walking till a week after he turned one. I wouldnt worry, Im sure she is just fine and waiting for the perfect time!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
QJsmommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Should be soon.. mine started a little after his one year bday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleyMarie88
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

She will walk if I hold her hands. But if I let go she drops to the floor and crawls. now she is climbing up on things. She pushes her highchair around the house and her walker. She also stood up about a week ago and took 1 step but when she saw me watching her she started crawling again lol little turd

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN