Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Talk Me In Or Out Of Buying My Wedding Dress

Posted by   + Show Post

So I've posted like 100 times that my SO has the ring. He keeps dropping hints and making comments leading me to believe he's going to pop the question soon.

I fell in love with a dress online and its on major sale for $99, until the 21st. No store in my state has the dress so I can't go try it on. But we have a limited budget so there's not a lot of room for shopping around.

Should I just go for it? Get the dress, even though he hasn't proposed yet? We've talked about this August 10th, so I'll need the dress ASAP anyway

Here it is!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Beaded-Lace-Spaghetti-Strap-Gown-M8824

Thoughts? Would I be crazy? Its a huge purchase to make without having tried it on, or being officially engaged yet. But I only have a small amount of time to get that price, in my size.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Replies (61-67):
bchic24
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

That same dress has been on sale since I bought my dress in 2011. So don't feel rushed because of the price. It will more than likely still be there. Besides I would wait until he actually proposed...but I certainly didn't refrain from showing him how pretty all the wedding dresses were when I was waiting for my DH to propose lol.

camama007
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Go try on something similar db has a huge section of 99 dollar dresses u might find something u love more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I have scoured the $99 section and every dress I like is online only

Quoting camama007:

Go try on something similar db has a huge section of 99 dollar dresses u might find something u love more

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I agree

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Don't do it. Just wait til he asks you hun

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onlyamomslife
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

First if you love the dress then you love it...buy it. If you have not already go to or call your local David's Bridal to see what their return policy is on unworn sale items. If you two are talking about getting married then you should be prepared to get married...buying a wedding dress in advance this way is not like buying a ring and waiting for a possible groom. So go for it!

lilmomma22487
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM

SCREW  ALL THE BASHERS!!! Buy it honey. You will never find a cheaper dress and that one is very well made and its distributed by a well known company. And if things don't work out with you and your bf, you can keep it for the future. Just don't tell any future bf's! LOL 

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
I personally wouldn't, but do what you think is best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN