Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Apartment Mommies

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

How many people on here live in apartments? I am 26 and never would've imagined that I'd be living in an apartment when I had my first child. I am really hard on myself but I can't help but feel akward about it. Growing up I always lived in a nice house and I can't help but feel like I've not done good enough to be able to give that to my daughter. She is only 4 months old and I really hope to be in a house within the next year....but I feel like it's so much different these days than it was when my parents started a family....I've graduated college and all but I don't have a stellar job....the economy is wretched! I worry so much about money....it's just not how I thought things would be. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
dont worry about living in an apartment. Its not all that bad and you dont have to fix anything yourself. I have 2 kids and live in one. I also spent 8 years of growing up in one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loramartin418
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

i live in an apt and its not that bad its actually cheaper than a house and my dd is fine im going to school full time and im sorry but with the market right now i dont want added responsibility

QJsmommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM
I live In an apt and I hate it also. My mom always had houses for us.. except when we were really young. But some apts are just as nice and as big as a house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ajohnson2334
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
We live in a townhouse complex. My dh is in college right now, but we hope to be in a house by the time our oldest goes to Kindergarten. My parents lived in apartments until I was about 3, brother was 5. I don't remember it much. But honestly I don't think its where you live that will make an impact on your daughter - I think she will appreciate that you are giving her the best you can within your means - I think that's more important than if you live in an actual house or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollymae09
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the fact that I don't have to worry about mowing the lawn, trimming branches, cleaning the driveway... There are pros and cons to houses and apartments. Look at the positives :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Why is living in an apartment bad? We technically live in an apartment (it is a really old hisorical building that was restored and we have the entire top floor. It is awesome and HUGE! I love it!) We pay more then we would to rent a house but I have always wanted to live on the top floor of a high rise and as soon as DH's contract is up we will moving and buying a house so I wanted to do this while I still had the chance. The bottom line is that you are providing for your child and have a roof over her head. You are doing a great job. Don't be so hard on yourself.

RoxyJI
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

At least you have a place to live and call your own.

Not all moms can say the same.

I live in an apt. I have no issues with it.

chelsieb84
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM
I live in one and have lived in one for most of my adult life. I hate it now. Mainly because I have horrible neighbors.

We're in the process of buying a house. Hopefully it goes through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemeg03
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM
We do right now...top floor w/ vaulted ceilings, its actually bigger then the house we were renting from my dh's parents. i do hate our neighbors tho and having to keep my kids quiet, and will defijnatly be glad when we get a house next summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PennyLane2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM
We just moved into an apartment for the first time. I've always lived in a house. And can't wait to move back into one. Seriously im in freaking hell here. I have 2 soon to be 3 kids. They scream and yell my neighbors hate us and I can not deal with not having my own washer and dryer. The list goes on and on. I'm literally miserable and will never ever ever live in an apartment again. So not my cup of tea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)