Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Going to the movies with your L/O

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
We're going to see Avenger tonight with my little man (3) I'm so excited!!

How old was your L/O when (if) they went to their first movie? What did you go see?

His first movie was Cars 2, he was 2 1/2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nessa20mommy2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM

UGH.

PERSONALLY I HATE when people BRING their LITTLE KID/BABY to the MOVIE...

they usually end up whinning/crying/throwing a fit refusing to sit still..

and how can you expect them to at any age 4 and under??....

If your little man can sit there quietly through out a whole movie good for him!!!!

But i wont be taking my daughter till shes prob 5

SORRY TO
BE A DOWNER HAVE FUN!

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM
I kind of agree with pp. My son is four and we will be taking him to see it but not until it has been out for awhile and we'll go during the day when no one else is there. My son gets bored about 45 minutes in and is asking to go home...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Ds has been going to movies for over a year. He's four now and we've never had an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ajohnson2334
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM
This will be his 3rd movie, and the first two he sat very well and watched, got excited and wiggled...but those were cartoons so more kid friendly. However he is obsessed with Iron Man and the Avengers so I will be suprised if he doesn't sit there with his eyes glued to the screen lol. We don't tolerate any kind of assing off, which he knows, so the first sign of trouble he gets a warning and the second we leave so we don't disturb anyone. I'm so not one of those moms who will ignore bad behavior just so I can enjoy some entertainment, kiddos come first. But we shall see!!

Quoting nessa20mommy2:

UGH.

If your little man can sit there quietly through out a whole movie good for him!!!!

SORRY TO
BE A DOWNER HAVE FUN!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nessa20mommy2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM

See that seems totally fine and like you have it under control :)

like i said sorry to be a downer and i hope you all have fun!!!

Quoting Ajohnson2334:

This will be his 3rd movie, and the first two he sat very well and watched, got excited and wiggled...but those were cartoons so more kid friendly. However he is obsessed with Iron Man and the Avengers so I will be suprised if he doesn't sit there with his eyes glued to the screen lol. We don't tolerate any kind of assing off, which he knows, so the first sign of trouble he gets a warning and the second we leave so we don't disturb anyone. I'm so not one of those moms who will ignore bad behavior just so I can enjoy some entertainment, kiddos come first. But we shall see!!

Quoting nessa20mommy2:

UGH.

SORRY TO
BE A DOWNER HAVE FUN!

MrsParvi
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I've been taking my daughter and son since they were two. I only take them to kids movies though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on May. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

My kids have been going since they were infants, but only to kid friendly movies. I wouldn't take them to see the Avengers, personally I would be irritated if someone brought a young child to that movie when I was there lol. Only because our date nights are "comic book" movies

tms2008
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Dd#1 was probably 1 1/2 when we took her and I think we saw one if the Shrek movies. Today, we went to see the Avengers with both daughters, ages 3 1/2 and 3 months (will be 4 months old next Saturday). It was a great movie and they both did great during the movie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN