Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My son made my horriable day 100x better right after I put him to bed

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 22 Replies
4 moms liked this

Well today was just very stress full, my son wouldnt listen to me and there is not much I can do for punishment cause hes only 17 months old. My husband was frustrated cause this cage that he was building for our Guinea Pigs was not turning out right, his grandfather was being a big pain in our ass today cause he was in a shitty mood for some reason. So all in all our day was hair pulling stress full. So 6:45 came and it was time to start running my sons bath water and get everything ready for bath and bed. Gave him a bath, brushed his teeth, put his medicine on his skin, got a diaper on, and brushed his hair. He was finally ready for bed :-) and tonight was going to be a no bottle night but instead give him a sippy cup and he didnt like that, so he put up a fight. I layed him down, gave him a kiss and hug and told him that mommy loves him, and that im just right in the other room. And I walked out, he started crying ( which I expected him to do) I stood outside his door and peeked throught the door on him just to watch if he would take the cippy cup. But he didnt, he just stood up and cried, so I walked in his room whiped away his tears, picked him up & started to sway from side to side and sing. He wraped his loving arms around my neck, wraped his legs around my sides and layed his head down on my shoulder while I held him with one arm and gently played with his hair and rub his back while singing and he feel alseep in my arms. He has not done that since he was a baby. He normally puts himself to sleep, but tonight was different he wanted mommy to do it. :-) And this just made my very shitty day 100% better!! I layed him down once he fell alseep in my arms kissed his head and told him that mommy loves you! Gave him his sippy cup cause he slightly opened his eyes and he took it and sucked for a min and back out he went. I walked out of his room and went to my husband and started crying cause I missed that so much! Its times like that, that make being a mommy worth everything! I just wanted to share this with yall, cause it makes me feel good! Thank yall for reading :-)

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
young-mommy10
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Aww that's SO cute!! My little guy is same age and also puts himself to sleep every night. He has not fallen asleep in my arms for a very long time and I do miss it too!! Glad your day got better!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM

aww

kzuehlk
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
That's adorable mama!

I love it when my boys do things like that. They have stolen every piece of my heart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I teared up my ds is 18 months :) and did something like that last week everynight he lays his head on my shoulder till we get to his room then smiles real big b4 I lay him down ugh now I miss him lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thickmamaof2
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM
awww i miss my little man doing that. Hes 4 now so its been a really long time! But right now were cuddling and watching a movie and im playing with his curls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrzPalmer
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I had to let my lil man start putting him self to sleep awhile ago cause he had to learn how to self soothe and I cried then too cause all I wanted to do was rush in there and grab him but knew I couldnt. :-( So then I got adjusted to him being able to put himself to sleep at night. I didnt realize how much I missed it until tonight. Why dont you just try it one night to see if he will fall alseep in your arms just make sure you wear his butt out that day lol whens your lil mans bday if you dont mind me asking??

Quoting young-mommy10:

Aww that's SO cute!! My little guy is same age and also puts himself to sleep every night. He has not fallen asleep in my arms for a very long time and I do miss it too!! Glad your day got better!! :)

amandaxshawn08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats the exact reason why im so beyond ready to have another one.

My 18.5 month old is so independent and wants to do everything on his own. It makes me sad. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Ahhh so sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Its a wonderful feeling!!! <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young-mommy10
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Kaedin has been sleeping through the night since he was about 4 months old. scared the crap outta me the first few nights and i barely slept because *I* kept waking to check on him lol but hes been a great sleeper from the start! but i understand the heartbreak getting them used to putting themselves to sleep :( it sucks as the parent.

Although he hasnt fallen asleep in my arms for a long time, there have been a few nights where we are out past his bedtime and so he falls asleep in the car so he is mostly asleep when we bring him in so i sort of get that "feeling" from time to time lol and my df doesnt come from work until 1030, so he hates not being able to do the goodnight routine with us, so when he gets home we go in and check on ds before we go to bed and kiss him goodnight again and tell him we love him. its kind of our "final bedtime" but i wouldnt change it for the world.

Kaedin was born 12-8-10 shortly after midnight :)     Yours?

Quoting MrzPalmer:

I had to let my lil man start putting him self to sleep awhile ago cause he had to learn how to self soothe and I cried then too cause all I wanted to do was rush in there and grab him but knew I couldnt. :-( So then I got adjusted to him being able to put himself to sleep at night. I didnt realize how much I missed it until tonight. Why dont you just try it one night to see if he will fall alseep in your arms just make sure you wear his butt out that day lol whens your lil mans bday if you dont mind me asking??

Quoting young-mommy10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN