Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is up with the prescription pill epidemic?!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM
  • 54 Replies

It is so sad and out of control! I know of so many people throwing there lives away over these pills. Its happening everywhere. From poor to rich. Black and white. These drugs are affecting so many people, both the users and their families. How do you feel? Do you know anyone addicted to pills (percocet, vicodin, oxy...)? Are you addicted yourself (go anonymous if you want)? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSlingshot
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM

My mom is an addict. She prefers prescriptions to street drugs. They have less of a stigma and are easier to get away with.

supermom985
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Df addicted to pain pills he slipped a week ago for the first time in 6 months :( I hate this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chelsieb84
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I know people that were addicted and I think my mom still might be.  I've never seen her take any or found any but her actions make me suspicious.  

I was a pharmacy technician for years and there are all kinds of people on pain meds that probably don't need them.  Let me tell you if they can't get their pain meds they become belligerent.  That's part of the reason I quit working in pharmacy.  

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM
My step brother was using pills...now he does meth and heroine. Its really sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2soon29
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

My mom is an addict. She prefers prescriptions to street drugs. They have less of a stigma and are easier to get away with.

Prescription drugs can be considered street drugs.

street drug - a drug that is taken for nonmedicinal reasons (usually for mind-altering effects); drug abuse can lead to physical and mental damage and (with some substances) dependence and addiction

Does her addiction affect your relationship?

CafeMom Tickers
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:55 PM

inlaws. inlaws have pills up the ass. something for everything. and they think its finebecause their doctor gave it to them and its script and its legal.

mommyof2soon29
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Quoting OBImomma:

My step brother was using pills...now he does meth and heroine. Its really sad.

Its so hard to see a loved one go through the disease of addiction. Heroine is usually the next step after pills. How does this affect your relationship?  

CafeMom Tickers
crispysmom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM
My sil is addicted. She is supposedly clean right now.(on saboxon? Sp) her mom has custody of her kids but they all live together. Its a mess. I feel bad for her kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2soon29
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Quoting ilovecandy:

inlaws. inlaws have pills up the ass. something for everything. and they think its finebecause their doctor gave it to them and its script and its legal.

Yea I use to have a neighor like that, she justified her addiction with the fact that it was a prescription. She has kids who are following her foot steps. Its so sad. 

CafeMom Tickers
mommyof2soon29
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Quoting crispysmom:

My sil is addicted. She is supposedly clean right now.(on saboxon? Sp) her mom has custody of her kids but they all live together. Its a mess. I feel bad for her kids.

Yea its really sad for the kids, I knew a girl, only 21, that got 2 of her 3 kids taken away from her pill addiction. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)