Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What is up with the prescription pill epidemic?!

It is so sad and out of control! I know of so many people throwing there lives away over these pills. Its happening everywhere. From poor to rich. Black and white. These drugs are affecting so many people, both the users and their families. How do you feel? Do you know anyone addicted to pills (percocet, vicodin, oxy...)? Are you addicted yourself (go anonymous if you want)? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Replies (51-54):
mkmommy0406
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM
I don't like them, they knock me out so I could never function on them. But I did have a friend that I tried to help and even moved her and three kids in with my family until she stole diet pills from me. (I don't even take them cause I don't like how they make me feel.) I finally just had to cut ties with them and made her leave. A month later her xdh took their kids. She went to rehab but I don't know if it's helped. I really hated it because I know she loves those kids but she couldn't be the mother they needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlocsgirl
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I've known SO many people who are addicted to pills. A friend of mine just lost his best friend from an overdose of precription pills. I will stick to my all natural Mary Jane, thank you very much! 

coupon_ash_back
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

My family members are. It's pretty ridiculous...

leighnicole
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM
My baby brother was addicted, yesterday marked one year from his arrest which led him to a program in which he is currently finding sucess in. His story is a little different. He was a young sucessful man, at 17 he was youngest in our state to be inducted into an electricians apprenticeship. He owned a home and 2 cars by 19 and was on the path to become such a great man. His choice in women was poor always, he met a girl and began dating her. She had used drugs in the past so with her came a group of her friends that were into that sort of thing. As time past my brother eventually started "selling" vicodine because he thought it was a good way to make more money than he already was. Selling led to taking orally, and when addiction set in he began injecting them. He then moved to worse perscription drugs something called dilaudid? Its basically synthetic heroine. He lost his home, his job, this girl became pregnant. His life went in the exact oppostie direction and FAST. He started to run from his family for fear of being court ordered to rehab. He failed out of rehabs multiple times. Last may 7th my brother was arrested for multiple home invasions. Thankfully when no one was home but none the less very terrible. He spent 6 months in jail and has spent 6 months in a court mandated treatment facility. Its an epidemic and its out of control! We need to start educating our children early, my oldest is 7 and knows the truth. I tell her the story all the time and make sure to include the worst parts about how he lost his entire life for so long. 4 years of his life are gone, the things he did are discusting. I only pray that this is something that will be less prevelant when my kids reach that age. Its so sad and people die. perscription drug use needs awareness and to be put on the forefront of the topics when related to drugs in additions to the traditional teachings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)