Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

kinda personal but a bit worried. (post partum question)

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 58 Replies
So I had my daughter 4 weeks ago, and the past week or so I've been getting these horrible headaches that not even tylonel can relieve at all. Also my bleeding had lightened a ton, to where I was just using a panty liner but now it is real heavy again and I've been reading online about symptoms for things but idk if these can just be normal? I don't have the other symptoms they list... I am also having sharp upper abdominal pains.
when I had my son in 2010 I was put on antibiotics cause they said part of the placenta must not have come out, I mentioned it to the ob I had this time and she said everything was normal from the placenta report, I don't want to seem paranoid but should I make an appt Monday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Trust your gut hon. It's always better to be safe than sorry

busymom64064
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Quoting raye-chan:

jessicaeboyes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Thanks, I'm just bummed cause I realised this on a Friday night.. I'm wondering if it's bad to where I should go to the er and get antibiotics or wait until Monday and see my ob then I won't have to pay a ton of money at the er lol.

Quoting raye-chan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Quoting raye-chan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I suggest u call for an appt mon. if ur really concerned hit the ER tonight or tomorrow. Trust ur gut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 5, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

If it gets worse then I would go in to be honest. I'd rather know that it wasn't an emergency than find out the hard way. ^^ 

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

Thanks, I'm just bummed cause I realised this on a Friday night.. I'm wondering if it's bad to where I should go to the er and get antibiotics or wait until Monday and see my ob then I won't have to pay a ton of money at the er lol.

Quoting raye-chan:

littlesmom3
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:54 AM
I definatly would go get checked out monday. Trust your gut sweety
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:58 AM

thankyou everyone, youre so awesome, im new to this site and dont have anyone around here to talk to, we just moved to a new state in november so its so awesome that you ladies all giving me input, i really appreciate it!
im going in monday for sure if not sooner, probly tomorrow. trustin my gut :)

JeanZavala
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Quoting raye-chan:

I was bleeding for 6 weeks after my 2nd baby and it was on and off like it was never going to go away. But if you are having sharp ab pains then you should schedule an appt. do you have ins? Because some ins have nurse lines where you can call And talk to or you can go to an emergency clinic which would not be as expensive as ER.
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 5, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Lucky! I bled for 8 weeks after my son and then my cycle started up like normal. >.< I thought it would never end D:

But yeah, I agree with the nurses line. I forgot about those xD

Quoting JeanZavala:

Quoting raye-chan:

I was bleeding for 6 weeks after my 2nd baby and it was on and off like it was never going to go away. But if you are having sharp ab pains then you should schedule an appt. do you have ins? Because some ins have nurse lines where you can call And talk to or you can go to an emergency clinic which would not be as expensive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN