Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

kinda personal but a bit worried. (post partum question)

Posted by   + Show Post
So I had my daughter 4 weeks ago, and the past week or so I've been getting these horrible headaches that not even tylonel can relieve at all. Also my bleeding had lightened a ton, to where I was just using a panty liner but now it is real heavy again and I've been reading online about symptoms for things but idk if these can just be normal? I don't have the other symptoms they list... I am also having sharp upper abdominal pains.
when I had my son in 2010 I was put on antibiotics cause they said part of the placenta must not have come out, I mentioned it to the ob I had this time and she said everything was normal from the placenta report, I don't want to seem paranoid but should I make an appt Monday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Replies (51-58):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I know, right. I'm definitely not going back to that hospital when I have my next baby!

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

OMG! I'm sorry! Wow who let that idiot pass medical school?!

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

Glad you didn't have any placenta remaining. I had to go to the er after my c-section only to find out that the entire placenta was still in me...the surgeon just sewed me back up without removing it! I had some complications because of it too

JeanZavala
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Hey how are you doing? Is everything ok? :)
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I had my daughter at this same hospital and the experience there was awesome, I had nothing to complain about at all, and going to the er there was a totally different story... I was there from 11pm til 3am in the waiting room then finally when I got out of there it was 7am and all they did was bloodwork and an ultrasound.

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

I know, right. I'm definitely not going back to that hospital when I have my next baby!

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

OMG! I'm sorry! Wow who let that idiot pass medical school?!

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

Glad you didn't have any placenta remaining. I had to go to the er after my c-section only to find out that the entire placenta was still in me...the surgeon just sewed me back up without removing it! I had some complications because of it too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I'm good, still bleeding alot, I am calling my ob first thing in the morning to get in to see her cause I know something's going on, it happened with my son too.
I'll keep ya posted.

Quoting JeanZavala:

Hey how are you doing? Is everything ok? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM
To start, and I am sure you know this, but.....just because I was fine dowsn't mean you are. Trust your instincts and if nothing else, call!

But yes. I had really, freaking bad gas pains after my c section and I still get them. They never happened before my son, and even 21 months later I am miserable sometimes with them. They extend up under my ribs and yyuppp they are just gas.

Also my bleeding was irregular
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Oh don't worry I'm going in to see my ob tomorrow. Not going to ignore this.
Thankyou for the info and I hope things get better for you.

Quoting Shermy:

To start, and I am sure you know this, but.....just because I was fine dowsn't mean you are. Trust your instincts and if nothing else, call!

But yes. I had really, freaking bad gas pains after my c section and I still get them. They never happened before my son, and even 21 months later I am miserable sometimes with them. They extend up under my ribs and yyuppp they are just gas.

Also my bleeding was irregular
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashley22momof2
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Hahaha oh my it is gross but honestly it smelled like something crawled up inside and died. My ob started gagging when he did the exam. I told him I knew the nasty discharge and smell was not normal and I had to wear two panties shorts and two sweat pants just to hide the smell... at least it was winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

oh my good ness you poor thing! well it seems to be improving

Quoting ashley22momof2:

Hahaha oh my it is gross but honestly it smelled like something crawled up inside and died. My ob started gagging when he did the exam. I told him I knew the nasty discharge and smell was not normal and I had to wear two panties shorts and two sweat pants just to hide the smell... at least it was winter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)