Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

kinda personal but a bit worried. (post partum question)

Posted by   + Show Post
So I had my daughter 4 weeks ago, and the past week or so I've been getting these horrible headaches that not even tylonel can relieve at all. Also my bleeding had lightened a ton, to where I was just using a panty liner but now it is real heavy again and I've been reading online about symptoms for things but idk if these can just be normal? I don't have the other symptoms they list... I am also having sharp upper abdominal pains.
when I had my son in 2010 I was put on antibiotics cause they said part of the placenta must not have come out, I mentioned it to the ob I had this time and she said everything was normal from the placenta report, I don't want to seem paranoid but should I make an appt Monday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:36 AM

i wish i knew someone, we just moved here from outta state

Quoting raye-chan:

If you know anyone of your friends that has the same insurance, ask them who they go to

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

Thankyou! i totally forgot about that, ill call in a sec. And i do have insurance, but when i went into a clinic a while back they tried to say we had to pay out of pocket until we met our 2000 deductable or something idk... i think we just went somewhere that didnt accept our insurance, were new to the area so i dont know where to go yet lol i only know of the hospital, my OBs office and our kids pediatrician, i need to find a clinic that takes my insurance.

Quoting raye-chan:

Lucky! I bled for 8 weeks after my son and then my cycle started up like normal. >.< I thought it would never end D:

But yeah, I agree with the nurses line. I forgot about those xD

Quoting JeanZavala:

Quoting raye-chan:

Trust your gut hon. It's always better to be safe than sorry

I was bleeding for 6 weeks after my 2nd baby and it was on and off like it was never going to go away. But if you are having sharp ab pains then you should schedule an appt. do you have ins? Because some ins have nurse lines where you can call And talk to or you can go to an emergency clinic which would not be as expensive.

jessicaeboyes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:39 AM

thankyou, i just called a nurse line and they said to seek immediate care, off to the ER i go.. :(

Quoting wife07_mom08:

only u know ur body... if it was me i would call the dr just to be safe!!!

wife07_mom08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:39 AM

GL!!! keep us updated hoping everything is ok for you!!!!

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

thankyou, i just called a nurse line and they said to seek immediate care, off to the ER i go.. :(

Quoting wife07_mom08:

raye-chan
by Raye on May. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM

where did you move to if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

Quoting raye-chan:

If you know anyone of your friends that has the same insurance, ask them who they go to

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

Thankyou! i totally forgot about that, ill call in a sec. And i do have insurance, but when i went into a clinic a while back they tried to say we had to pay out of pocket until we met our 2000 deductable or something idk... i think we just went somewhere that didnt accept our insurance, were new to the area so i dont know where to go yet lol i only know of the hospital, my OBs office and our kids pediatrician, i need to find a clinic that takes my insurance.

Quoting raye-chan:

Lucky! I bled for 8 weeks after my son and then my cycle started up like normal. >.< I thought it would never end D:

Quoting JeanZavala:

Quoting raye-chan:

I was bleeding for 6 weeks after my 2nd baby and it was on and off like it was never going to go away. But if you are having sharp ab pains then you should schedule an appt. do you have ins? Because some ins have nurse lines where you can call And talk to or you can go to an emergency clinic which would not be as expensive.

mestiza_07
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Does your ob dr have an answering service? Try that sometimes you can directly talk to the dr themself and they can instruct you on what to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 5, 2012 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

xDDDDDD 

Mine learned after day 1 of me wearing them to know to not call them sexy lol Now he says my c-section scar is sexy xD 

I have to admit though, even though I wasn't feeling the greatest, him being silly made it better while we waited for time with our son =)

Quoting JeanZavala:

Quoting raye-chan:

Me too! My husband would actually comment on how "sexy" it looks on me when I know that is not close to true!

JeanZavala
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Quoting mestiza_07:

Does your ob dr have an answering service? Try that sometimes you can directly talk to the dr themself and they can instruct you on what to do

That's a good idea! Maybe try that before ER? And hope everything is ok!
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:38 AM
I called the nurse on call for my insurance and also the answering service for my dr and they both said the same thing. So im at the er waiting, this place is a zoo! :( hopefully they dont take too long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:39 AM
We moved from California to central Texas.

Quoting raye-chan:

where did you move to if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting JeanZavala:

Quoting raye-chan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Thankyou, here waiting now, this place is a zoo!

Quoting wife07_mom08:

GL!!! keep us updated hoping everything is ok for you!!!!

Quoting jessicaeboyes:

Quoting wife07_mom08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN