Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

kinda personal but a bit worried. (post partum question)

Posted by   + Show Post
So I had my daughter 4 weeks ago, and the past week or so I've been getting these horrible headaches that not even tylonel can relieve at all. Also my bleeding had lightened a ton, to where I was just using a panty liner but now it is real heavy again and I've been reading online about symptoms for things but idk if these can just be normal? I don't have the other symptoms they list... I am also having sharp upper abdominal pains.
when I had my son in 2010 I was put on antibiotics cause they said part of the placenta must not have come out, I mentioned it to the ob I had this time and she said everything was normal from the placenta report, I don't want to seem paranoid but should I make an appt Monday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Replies (31-40):
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM
I had a similar issue after baby #3..I was bleeding like crazy, with my 2 previous babys it got lighter after a day or 2 but with this one it was bad, even in the hospital they said it was more than normal but they assured me it would lighten up.. The cramps and back pain were crazy bad til night #12 when I (its gonna get gross here) went to the bathroom and passed a long peice of tissue, about as long and wide as my middle finger.. Definantly wasnt a blood clot, it looked like placenta..within 24 hours my bleeding had slowed to a normal period type flow and the cramps had gone away.. I say Go to the Dr, they dont always know as much as they think they know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaeboyes
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Wow! I had a small piece of placenta with my first, but didn't notice it passing, they put me on antibiotics to make sure it was all out. I'm at the er now waiting to be seen, I'm not leaving without someone giving me antibiotics! Lol.
Did you have headaches or upper abdominal pain?

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

I had a similar issue after baby #3..I was bleeding like crazy, with my 2 previous babys it got lighter after a day or 2 but with this one it was bad, even in the hospital they said it was more than normal but they assured me it would lighten up.. The cramps and back pain were crazy bad til night #12 when I (its gonna get gross here) went to the bathroom and passed a long peice of tissue, about as long and wide as my middle finger.. Definantly wasnt a blood clot, it looked like placenta..within 24 hours my bleeding had slowed to a normal period type flow and the cramps had gone away.. I say Go to the Dr, they dont always know as much as they think they know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SundayXC
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Make an apt. better safe than sorry!

Mommyof2114
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I would just go to the ER. I ended up going after I had my baby b.c I had pains in my leg and got scared it was something serious.
Mommyof2114
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Quoting jessicaeboyes:

Oh man scary. Ive only had c-sections. So the doctor takes care of all of that.
jendawgrox2004
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Personally I think you should go to the ER to be safe. You want to be around for your kids. It might be normal, but sharp pains could be something more. Definitely get it checked out sooner rather than later.

teaching_mama
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM
If you have an urgent care in your area it would be less expensive than the er and you wouldn't have to wait until Monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Divynity
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM

If you are that worried make an appointment. It is better to be safe than sorry. Even if it turns out to be nothing it will give you piece of mind.

caydensmommy8
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM

get checked out just to be sure...

Key2HisHeart
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM

No go to the hospital immediately!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN