Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What are your thoughts on cyber bullying?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:54 AM
  • 9 Replies
I am new to cafe mom and for the past weeks I've read quite a few posts and some are not so nice. I think bullying in any form from anywhere is cowardly and disgusting. It's serves no justice and is so powerful that some just don't understand how much harm it can do to one person. So bullying moms, how would you feel if this was your child being bullied???
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Gastromama2007
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Ehh im guilty of.it.

But I haven't been around here much lately, and when I do check.in, im like wtf? These people are mothers...and we teach our kids.not to be a.bully...yet in 99% of the groups, its women bullying other women. They.bully about if you're in a different economic class, whether or not you use correct grammar, or if you parent different.

I used to love it here. Anymore i could take it or leave it. *shrug*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dollyrot
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I don't know, I don't bully anyone. I do speak my mind, and voice disagreements, but I never stoop to insults or namecalling, as I see on here often.

I do not like bullying in ANY form, no matter who is doing it, or who is on the receiving end.

-42-
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Pffft, I take this place so not seriously.

A child is a different story though, I do believe. A grown up should have the common sense to avoid the situation.

JMKristy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Cyber bullying honestly scares the crap out of me! I have an 11 year old son, so we are entering the age where it is a constant concern. I can honestly say I'm not guilty of it. I try to lead by example, and remember, like you said, it could be my child. You never know where the other person is emotionally. I was taught the golden rule, and try to follow it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ajohnson2334
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Totally agree. How offended do I really need to get over the internet??? No one here knows my life, they have no control over my actions/thoughts/etc. Although I get annoyed more than anything when I see people being rude on here. Why is it necessary?

Quoting -42-:

Pffft, I take this place so not seriously.

A child is a different story though, I do believe. A grown up should have the common sense to avoid the situation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ooCherryo0
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:46 AM
I try not to let it get to me. Most of the time I'll think before I type too. If its not something I would like said to me or one of my kids I erase it.

It sucks when women have to put down others. We are all mothers and I know we wouldn't want our kids bullied so why bully each other?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:13 AM

I have missed quite a bit tonight, but what I saw wasn't cyber bullying imo.

sweettigeress
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Bullying is wrong, no matter the form. It's common online because the person that they are bullying can't reach out and beat the crap out of them. It's sick.

Shermy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:05 AM

So, having been on internet forums since I was like 14 years ago, and now, working with middle schoolers and teens....

From what I have seen on *this* forum, pfffffftttt. I wouldn't say that people being curt, rude, short and tactless with their opinion are women who are bullying each other (although, this is a huge forum, so I am sure some serious stuff goes down, but at a surface level).

I can say that the bullying that extends from school, to after school, to online, to texting and then back to school, for kids who tend to be much more vunerable emotionally. UGH. It breaks my heart, because it is their world. For us, we log off the site and it is done, for cyber bullying as it refers to kids (and I guess even co-workers), where you can't just log off, to me that is rough. That is really, really, really, rough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN