Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

my sorta walmart story

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

i was driving my friend to walmart so she could get some groceries as her vehicle's fuel pump went out yesterday and i came to this stoplight to turn into walmart. it was red which im not sure about other states but in OK its completely legal to turn right on a red light if you stop and make sure the coast is clear, which i did. this dude behind me blows his horn, so i didnt think much of it, thought he was honking at someone else.

We get out of my truck and he comes walking up and says you know you ran that stop sign back there. um no i didnt, i stopped at the stop light. he started to argue that i ran the stop sign all while walking into walmart. i told him for one that was a stop LIGHT not a stop sign and it is legal to make a stop and turn right on a red light if it is clear. the dude that was with him was embrassed by his friends ranting over stupid stuff.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SOCO101
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:49 AM

Whoa! Someone forgot their meds this morning! 

People never cease to amaze me, lol!

SammKaiden
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I am pretty sure unless there is a sign that says NO TURN ON RED, you are perfectly fine to go on a red light.. haha I would have been embarassed to be with him too. And if you stopped to see if the coast was clear, how could you have run a stop sign if that is basically the whole point of a stop sign? Haha that is pretty funny :)

Jaydons_mommy09
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Quoting SammKaiden:

I am pretty sure unless there is a sign that says NO TURN ON RED, you are perfectly fine to go on a red light.. haha I would have been embarassed to be with him too. And if you stopped to see if the coast was clear, how could you have run a stop sign if that is basically the whole point of a stop sign? Haha that is pretty funny :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by Lenox on May. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

dude sounds like a dumb ass...Enen if it was a stop sign like he said, it's still a stop and go type thing..lol..here you can turn right on red

amandaxshawn08
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Wowww... Totally legal in PA too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babygurls.h.f
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Wtf? He's not the po po...

Was he high? Drunk? Both, or just plain out had no life and wished he was a po po?
That's funny sh*t.. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieSDW
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Cray cray! Legal here too. In fact, people get all huffy if you don't turn right on red if there is an opening. 

skinsfan26
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

my friend and i kept calling him the stop sign police. and every aisle in the store we kept stopping to make sure it was clear, you know pretending that there was a stop sign.

Quoting 2babygurls.h.f:

Wtf? He's not the po po...

Was he high? Drunk? Both, or just plain out had no life and wished he was a po po?
That's funny sh*t.. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN