Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Birth Control ? Which type do you use ?

I just recently started using the nuva ring and I love it so far ! I have used every type under the sun with awful results but I think I finally found a winner ! What type do you use and why do you love or hate it ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Replies (91-94):
amandaxshawn08
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Nothing at all right now.
Were in a situation of, it happens we will be happy, if not then ok...

I tried the pills and forgot to take them half the time...
The shot gave me bad cramps and headaches and gained weight...
And nuvaring messed with my periods sooo bad... It said it can take up to a year to concieve again and cause temporary infertility... I blame it fully for not getting pregnant again yet. I only used it two months and its been over a year since we started ttc. I hated it and would never reccomend it to anyone...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
garciaz
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Really?? I dont have any side effects... I feel totally normal.. Ive been using it for almost 7 yrs... I started using it after my son was born...and took it off again to get pregnant.. Shes 2 now but its the only BC ive used...

Quoting Megankae:

Omg I tried that, it made me puke up my guts. :( I lasted a day and said "fuck it" and ripped it off. I literally could not stop vomitting.

Quoting garciaz:

Patch.. Love it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megankae
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:29 AM
Yeah, it can be one of the side effects. The hormones were just too powerful for me. I was fine on the pill, but the patch is stronger.

Quoting garciaz:

Really?? I dont have any side effects... I feel totally normal.. Ive been using it for almost 7 yrs... I started using it after my son was born...and took it off again to get pregnant.. Shes 2 now but its the only BC ive used...

Quoting Megankae:

Omg I tried that, it made me puke up my guts. :( I lasted a day and said "fuck it" and ripped it off. I literally could not stop vomitting.

Quoting garciaz:

Patch.. Love it...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:34 AM

I was on depo and the merina and hated both. i got pregnant with my daughter on depo and i got pregnant on merina and lost my twins :(. Lets just say i had problems on both and hated both. Now we just use condoms and natural family planning. and we love it 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)